Witness appeal after pair suffer head injuries in West Ham station assault
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to an assault which left two people with head injuries.
The pair, aged 21 and 23, were standing outside West Ham station when they were approached by three men armed with a knife and a bottle and repeatedly assaulted.
Both sustained head injuries which required hospital treatment, but have since been discharged.
After the attack, which took place at around 9.30pm on Thursday, January 2, a knife was recovered from the scene.
An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault and has been released on bail while enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to contact British Transport Police by texting 61016 or calling 0800 405040, quoting reference 553 of 02/01/19. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 2 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 3 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 4 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip
- 5 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 6 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 7 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 8 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 9 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 10 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later