Witness appeal after pair suffer head injuries in West Ham station assault
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to an assault which left two people with head injuries.
The pair, aged 21 and 23, were standing outside West Ham station when they were approached by three men armed with a knife and a bottle and repeatedly assaulted.
Both sustained head injuries which required hospital treatment, but have since been discharged.
After the attack, which took place at around 9.30pm on Thursday, January 2, a knife was recovered from the scene.
An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault and has been released on bail while enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to contact British Transport Police by texting 61016 or calling 0800 405040, quoting reference 553 of 02/01/19. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 9 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years