Witness appeal after pair suffer head injuries in West Ham station assault
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to an assault which left two people with head injuries.
The pair, aged 21 and 23, were standing outside West Ham station when they were approached by three men armed with a knife and a bottle and repeatedly assaulted.
Both sustained head injuries which required hospital treatment, but have since been discharged.
After the attack, which took place at around 9.30pm on Thursday, January 2, a knife was recovered from the scene.
An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault and has been released on bail while enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to contact British Transport Police by texting 61016 or calling 0800 405040, quoting reference 553 of 02/01/19. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood