Mystery surrounds incident that has closed West Ham Park
- Credit: Archant
Mystery surrounds why West Ham Park has been closed to the public.
A sign placed on all the park’s gates say it is shut due to an incident and will not be able to reopen without permission from the police.
However when the Recorder contacted the Met Police they claimed they had no record of any incident in the park.
The park is managed by City of London Corporation and when contacted by the Recorder they confirmed the park was closed but referred us back to the Met.
According to a local resident the park has been closed since 6pm yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Do you know why the park is closed?
Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3831.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy