West Ham and Chelsea fans banned from matches after clash at London Stadium
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Two football fans have been banned from going to matches after disorder at the West Ham Vs Chelsea match at the London Stadium last month.
The pair appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court today after they were arrested at the match on October 26.
Nicholas Greenway, a 51-year-old West Ham supporter from Eversleigh Road in Battersea, has been given a three-year Football Banning order and has been charged with threatening behaviour under section 4 of the Public Order Act 1986.
A 27-year-old Chelsea fan named Michael Parker, who lives on Alexandra Road in Mitcham, has been banned for five years and is charged with throwing a missile in the ground contrary to section 2 of the Football Offences Act 1991.
Commander BJ Harrington, of the Met’s Public Order Command, said the banning orders would prevent the two men from causing more trouble at matches int he future.
You may also want to watch:
“Although the vast majority of people who attended the match were well behaved, there were a minority who were clearly intent on being involved in confrontation and violence.
“Despite extensive work with both clubs and the London Stadium partners as well as a large and robust policing operation, there were unacceptable incidents inside and outside the stadium, before, during and after the game.”
- 1 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 2 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 3 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 4 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 5 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 6 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 7 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 8 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 9 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 10 Fire breaks out at Beckton superstore