Newham teenager named as victim of Walthamstow drive-by shooting murder
- Credit: Archant
A teenager shot dead in a drive-by-shooting in Walthamstow on Saturday has been named today as a 19-year-old from Newham.
Guled Farah was gunned down while with friends in Vallentin Road at around 11pm.
His friends drove him to hospital but he died 40 minutes later.
A 23-year-old man was arrested on Sunday on suspicion of Guled’s murder.
He has been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Met’s homicide and major crime command are investigating and are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
Det Con Isp Paul Healy, who is leading the murder hunt, said: “This was a shocking attack on a young man on a busy Saturday night. Were you in the area, did you see anything suspicious?
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 4 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 7 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 8 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
“We are keen to hear from anyone who was in the proximity of Shernhall Street, Wood Street, Upper Walthamstow Road or Vallentin Road between 10pm and 11pm.”
He added: “The perpetrators need to be found and the firearm taken off the streets. If you have footage related to the incident, including dash-cam footage, we need to hear from you. “Equally if you were a witness and are yet to come forward, I would urge you to get in touch.”
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 0208 358 0400 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.