Newham teenager named as victim of Walthamstow drive-by shooting murder
- Credit: Archant
A teenager shot dead in a drive-by-shooting in Walthamstow on Saturday has been named today as a 19-year-old from Newham.
Guled Farah was gunned down while with friends in Vallentin Road at around 11pm.
His friends drove him to hospital but he died 40 minutes later.
A 23-year-old man was arrested on Sunday on suspicion of Guled’s murder.
He has been released under investigation.
Detectives from the Met’s homicide and major crime command are investigating and are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
Det Con Isp Paul Healy, who is leading the murder hunt, said: “This was a shocking attack on a young man on a busy Saturday night. Were you in the area, did you see anything suspicious?
- 1 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 2 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 4 Three in custody over knifepoint robbery in East Ham after foot chase
- 5 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 6 Seven men charged following cannabis factory fight
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Burrard Road stabbing: Plea date set for Custom House murder accused
- 9 Plaistow police officer to face GBH trial after man left paralysed
- 10 Tossed cigarette in Chadwell Heath costs Beckton man almost £400
“We are keen to hear from anyone who was in the proximity of Shernhall Street, Wood Street, Upper Walthamstow Road or Vallentin Road between 10pm and 11pm.”
He added: “The perpetrators need to be found and the firearm taken off the streets. If you have footage related to the incident, including dash-cam footage, we need to hear from you. “Equally if you were a witness and are yet to come forward, I would urge you to get in touch.”
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 0208 358 0400 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.