VIDEO: Woman wanted over racist rant on train between Embankment and Plaistow
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a woman launched a racist rant at two men on a District line train between Embankment and Plaistow.
A video published shortly after the incident exposed the woman for shouting racial abuse at two men for speaking in a foreign language during a train journey on 27 March at about 11pm.
In the video, the woman can be heard attacking the men for “talking private in your private lingo”.
Despite other passengers shouting “bigot” and “disgusting” the woman, who has mousey brown/blonde hair, continues until the men left the train.
Before the incident, it is believed the woman attempted to start a conversation with fellow passengers on issues surrounding immigration.
You may also want to watch:
PC Andrew Phillips said: “A woman travelling on the train attempted to start a conversation with other passengers by commenting on the state of the area she lives.
“The woman made comments about immigration issues and then became loud and aggressive.
- 1 Jailed: Drug dealer who crashed into cab leaving passengers critically injured
- 2 'Severe maladministration' by Newham Council in housing complaint handling
- 3 Man in hospital after fire at disused Forest Gate church
- 4 Detectives release images after robbery in East Ham
- 5 Jailed: Manor Park man guilty of drug offences, but not machete murder
- 6 £3m centre to reduce young adult reoffending to be set up in Stratford
- 7 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 8 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff 'disappointed' to lose defender Adam Thompson
- 10 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
“There were two men on the carriage who were speaking in an unknown foreign language. The woman spoke to the men and then started arguing with them.”
Officers are appealing for any witnesses to come forward.
The woman is described as around five foot five, stocky build, her hair was in a ponytail. She was wearing black clothing and carrying a black handbag.
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference TSUB-B8 of 27/04/15.
Information can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.