VIDEO: Suspects wanted after mass brawl breaks out during Beckton boat party
- Credit: Archant
A man is suffering with memory loss and a speech disorder after being seriously injured during a mass fight which erupted on a boat party in Beckton.
Officers found a 28-year-old man with a puncture wound and a cracked skull after being called to the Tereza Joanne floating venue, at the King Goerge V dock, following reports of a mass fight on November 30.
At first, officers believed the man had been shot but the injury was later confirmed to be caused by a piece of furniture.
The victim is now undergoing speech therapy to help restore his speech. He also suffers memory loss and requires physiotherapy due to weakness down the right side of his body.
The fight, which involved a large crowd of people, broke out during a Ghanaian event which was attended by musicians Eazzy and Guru.
You may also want to watch:
During the incident, a 20-year-old woman, who was working behind the bar, also suffered a cut to her head after being attacked by a man with a bottle.
Newham officers have released CCTV footage and CCTV images of the two suspects they would like to identify in connection with this enquiry.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
Suspect one is described as a black man, approximately 30-years-old, with cornrow braided hair. He was wearing a t-shirt with ‘EA7’ written on the sleeve and a man bag over his shoulder.
Suspect two is described as a black man, aged around 30-years-old, with short black hair. He was wearing a black t-shirt with ‘L7’ written across it in white writing.
Detective Constable Bill Stevens, from Newham CID, said “We have pursued several lines of enquiry which have unfortunately not yielded a positive result at this time.
“We know there were lots of people in the area at the time of the incident and I would urge anyone who was there, or who knows anything about these attacks, to come forward and speak to police.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Stevens, on 101 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 - please quote crime reference number: 5333117/14.
A 20-year-old man was arrested as part of this investigation but has since been released with no further action.