‘Shocking’ moment woman mugged at Maryland cashpoint caught on CCTV
- Credit: Met Police
Passers-by looked on as a woman was mugged while taking money out of cash machine near Maryland station.
The victim, who is in her 40s, was making a withdrawal in Leytonstone Road at 3.10pm yesterday (Wednesday) when she was punched in the head by a woman pretending to be queuing behind her.
A CCTV camera captured her attacker, described as a black woman in her late teens, punch and slap her before stealing the cash she had just withdrawn. Cars and three pedestrians pass and do nothing while they grapple.
Today (Thursday), police released the footage to try to track down the suspect.
“This was a shocking attack in broad daylight and we know a number of people were passing at the time,” said Det Insp Steve Bluemore of Newham CID.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting reference CAD 4628/28NOV, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fire breaks out at Beckton superstore
- 2 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 3 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 6 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 7 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 8 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 9 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 10 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences