‘Shocking’ moment woman mugged at Maryland cashpoint caught on CCTV
- Credit: Met Police
Passers-by looked on as a woman was mugged while taking money out of cash machine near Maryland station.
The victim, who is in her 40s, was making a withdrawal in Leytonstone Road at 3.10pm yesterday (Wednesday) when she was punched in the head by a woman pretending to be queuing behind her.
A CCTV camera captured her attacker, described as a black woman in her late teens, punch and slap her before stealing the cash she had just withdrawn. Cars and three pedestrians pass and do nothing while they grapple.
Today (Thursday), police released the footage to try to track down the suspect.
“This was a shocking attack in broad daylight and we know a number of people were passing at the time,” said Det Insp Steve Bluemore of Newham CID.
Witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting reference CAD 4628/28NOV, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 3 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 8 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 9 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 10 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty