‘Shocking’ moment woman mugged at Maryland cashpoint caught on CCTV
- Credit: Met Police
Passers-by looked on as a woman was mugged while taking money out of cash machine near Maryland station.
The victim, who is in her 40s, was making a withdrawal in Leytonstone Road at 3.10pm yesterday (Wednesday) when she was punched in the head by a woman pretending to be queuing behind her.
A CCTV camera captured her attacker, described as a black woman in her late teens, punch and slap her before stealing the cash she had just withdrawn. Cars and three pedestrians pass and do nothing while they grapple.
Today (Thursday), police released the footage to try to track down the suspect.
“This was a shocking attack in broad daylight and we know a number of people were passing at the time,” said Det Insp Steve Bluemore of Newham CID.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting reference CAD 4628/28NOV, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 6 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford