VIDEO: Community safety meeting following murder of Ajmol Alom in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of Tower Hamlets heard concerns about residents’ safety last night following the tragic murder of 16-year-old Ajmol Alom.
The public meeting, held in the Teviot Centre in Wyvis Street, Poplar, was attended by Mayor Lutfur Rahman, Deputy Mayor and Lead Member for community safety Ohid Ahmed, police Borough Commander Ch Supt Dave Stringer, housing association Poplar HARCA’s head of ASB Jamie Lock, and council officers.
Following the stabbing the keen boxer and star pupil at Langdon Park School on August 14, police officers have been conducting high visibility patrols to reassure the community and the Town Hall as promised to review safety arrangements in the local area.
Three men have been arrested and Aminur Khan, 19, of Robin Hood Gardens, was charged with his murder and remanded in custody until a further hearing scheduled for November 4.
Anyone with information about the incident is urged to contact the Police Incident Room on 0208 358 0100 or remain anonymous by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
To view a full video of the public meeting, click on the multimedia link above.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 7 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys