Victim claims he was struck by a traffic cone in Forest Gate robbery
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old man who was robbed in the early hours of this morning claims he was hit over the head with a traffic cone.
The man was reportedly struck during the robbery which took place at 12.30am on Upton Lane near the junction with Gower Road in Forest Gate.
Three men are alleged to have taken the victim’s wallet and phone.
No arrests have been made with enquiries continuing.
The victim has been discharged from hospital.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 3 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 4 Fire breaks out in Canning Town house
- 5 Police investigate fire at derelict Forest Gate church
- 6 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 7 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 8 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 9 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 10 Sixth form rated Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted