Victim claims he was struck by a traffic cone in Forest Gate robbery
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old man who was robbed in the early hours of this morning claims he was hit over the head with a traffic cone.
The man was reportedly struck during the robbery which took place at 12.30am on Upton Lane near the junction with Gower Road in Forest Gate.
Three men are alleged to have taken the victim’s wallet and phone.
No arrests have been made with enquiries continuing.
The victim has been discharged from hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 3 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 9 Knife-carrying teenager arrested after running from cops
- 10 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman