Victim claims he was struck by a traffic cone in Forest Gate robbery
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old man who was robbed in the early hours of this morning claims he was hit over the head with a traffic cone.
The man was reportedly struck during the robbery which took place at 12.30am on Upton Lane near the junction with Gower Road in Forest Gate.
Three men are alleged to have taken the victim’s wallet and phone.
No arrests have been made with enquiries continuing.
The victim has been discharged from hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0