Custom House deaths: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- Credit: PA
A 50-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the discovery of two bodies in a Custom House flat.
A Met spokesman said: “He remains in custody at an east London police station.
“Enquiries continue to carry out formal identification on the females found, and trace and speak to their next of kin.”
Police were called to Vandome Close at around 11.45am on Friday after concerns were raised about the welfare of somebody inside one of the properties.
Officers managed to gain entry and found the bodies of two people, both believed to be female.
You may also want to watch:
The Met has appealed for anyone with information about what may have happened to contact police on 101, quoting CAD 4303/26APR.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 4 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 5 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020