Custom House deaths: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- Credit: PA
A 50-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the discovery of two bodies in a Custom House flat.
A Met spokesman said: “He remains in custody at an east London police station.
“Enquiries continue to carry out formal identification on the females found, and trace and speak to their next of kin.”
Police were called to Vandome Close at around 11.45am on Friday after concerns were raised about the welfare of somebody inside one of the properties.
Officers managed to gain entry and found the bodies of two people, both believed to be female.
You may also want to watch:
The Met has appealed for anyone with information about what may have happened to contact police on 101, quoting CAD 4303/26APR.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 10 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families