Custom House deaths: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- Credit: PA
A 50-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the discovery of two bodies in a Custom House flat.
A Met spokesman said: “He remains in custody at an east London police station.
“Enquiries continue to carry out formal identification on the females found, and trace and speak to their next of kin.”
Police were called to Vandome Close at around 11.45am on Friday after concerns were raised about the welfare of somebody inside one of the properties.
Officers managed to gain entry and found the bodies of two people, both believed to be female.
You may also want to watch:
The Met has appealed for anyone with information about what may have happened to contact police on 101, quoting CAD 4303/26APR.
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 3 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 4 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 5 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 Covid funding boost for Newham homeless and young people charities
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings