Custom House deaths: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- Credit: PA
A 50-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the discovery of two bodies in a Custom House flat.
A Met spokesman said: “He remains in custody at an east London police station.
“Enquiries continue to carry out formal identification on the females found, and trace and speak to their next of kin.”
Police were called to Vandome Close at around 11.45am on Friday after concerns were raised about the welfare of somebody inside one of the properties.
Officers managed to gain entry and found the bodies of two people, both believed to be female.
The Met has appealed for anyone with information about what may have happened to contact police on 101, quoting CAD 4303/26APR.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 3 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 10 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies