Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has been charged with dangerous driving and failing to stop for the police.
Uzair Ahmed of Shrewsbury Road, Forest Gate, was arrested on Friday, January 8 and taken to an east London police station where he was charged with the offences.
The 21-year-old was also charged with driving without insurance, possession with intent to supply a Class B drug and drug driving.
The charges relate to an incident at 1.55pm on Friday, January 8 in Barking Road when a police officer spoke with a driver about the manner of his driving.
The vehicle was later involved in a collision with another car in Katherine Road.
There were no reported injuries.
Mr Ahmed is due to appear at Thames Magistrates Court on Thursday, January 28.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation