Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has been charged with dangerous driving and failing to stop for the police.
Uzair Ahmed of Shrewsbury Road, Forest Gate, was arrested on Friday, January 8 and taken to an east London police station where he was charged with the offences.
The 21-year-old was also charged with driving without insurance, possession with intent to supply a Class B drug and drug driving.
The charges relate to an incident at 1.55pm on Friday, January 8 in Barking Road when a police officer spoke with a driver about the manner of his driving.
The vehicle was later involved in a collision with another car in Katherine Road.
There were no reported injuries.
Mr Ahmed is due to appear at Thames Magistrates Court on Thursday, January 28.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 6 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking