Upton Park woman jailed over false rape claim
A WOMAN who falsely claimed she was raped by two teenagers who forced their way into her house has been jailed for 15 months.
Joanne Parker, 30, from Upton Park, reported the men to police after all three had consensual sex at the home she shared with her partner on May 5, 2009, a court heard.
One suspect, then aged 17 and now 19, was arrested and interviewed as a result of Parker’s lies.
But the case against him was dropped.
His phone had text messages from Parker, video footage from the night and photos of Parker’s breasts and vagina she had sent to him.
You may also want to watch:
Among messages was one sent on May 1 from Parker offering to instigate sex with Mr Smith and his friend.
Parker later told police she lied to cover up her actions in the fear her partner would find out.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
Parker, of Boleyn Road, was jailed at Snaresbrook Crown Court after she admitted perverting the course of justice.
One message sent from Parker to Mr Smith minutes before the alleged rape were “clearly inviting him to the property and offering to wear sexy clothing”.
The pair were in contact via text since at least April 30.
The court heard Parker had an “extremely low IQ”, which led to learning difficulties and short-term memory loss, and she was sexually abused as a child.