UPDATE: Olympic Stadium explosive suspect released on bail
Police have also arrested a man, 43, in connection with the find
A security guard arrested near the London 2012 Olympics stadium on suspicion of possessing explosives has been released on police bail.
The woman, a 40-year-old dog handler, was detained on Tuesday evening after her vehicle was searched in a car park off Pudding Mill Lane, Stratford.
She was questioned at an east London police station and has been bailed to return next month.
A 43-year-old man from Wales has also been arrested in connection with the explosive find and remains in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard said the arrests were part of an ongoing investigation and are not terrorist-related.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation