UPDATE: Olympic Stadium explosive suspect released on bail
Police have also arrested a man, 43, in connection with the find
A security guard arrested near the London 2012 Olympics stadium on suspicion of possessing explosives has been released on police bail.
The woman, a 40-year-old dog handler, was detained on Tuesday evening after her vehicle was searched in a car park off Pudding Mill Lane, Stratford.
She was questioned at an east London police station and has been bailed to return next month.
A 43-year-old man from Wales has also been arrested in connection with the explosive find and remains in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard said the arrests were part of an ongoing investigation and are not terrorist-related.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed