UPDATE: Olympic Stadium explosive suspect released on bail
Police have also arrested a man, 43, in connection with the find
A security guard arrested near the London 2012 Olympics stadium on suspicion of possessing explosives has been released on police bail.
The woman, a 40-year-old dog handler, was detained on Tuesday evening after her vehicle was searched in a car park off Pudding Mill Lane, Stratford.
She was questioned at an east London police station and has been bailed to return next month.
A 43-year-old man from Wales has also been arrested in connection with the explosive find and remains in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard said the arrests were part of an ongoing investigation and are not terrorist-related.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Arsenal's game in hand with West Ham set for April 28
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 9 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home