Update: Murder probe launched after young man, 18, killed in Custom House
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a young man in Newham.
Police were called to Gill Avenue, Custom House, shortly after 6.15pm last night following reports of an injured male.
On arrival officers found a male with injuries consistent with stab wounds.
London Ambulance Service and the London Air Ambulance were also called to the scene.
But despite their efforts to keep him alive, the 18-year-old victim was pronounced dead at the scene at 6.50pm.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin are aware but formal identification has not taken place. A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course, said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
There have been no arrests.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 9 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
An incident room has opened in Barking under Det Chief Insp John MacDonald of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
He said: “We believe that the victim may have been chased from Butchers Road at the junction of Hooper Road down into Boreham Avenue, Custom House. The people chasing him comprised of a group of black males.”
It is understood the victim has throat injuries.
Anyone with information or witnesses can contacted the incident room on
(020) 8345 3985 or anonymously on Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.