Update: Murder probe launched after young man, 18, killed in Custom House
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a young man in Newham.
Police were called to Gill Avenue, Custom House, shortly after 6.15pm last night following reports of an injured male.
On arrival officers found a male with injuries consistent with stab wounds.
London Ambulance Service and the London Air Ambulance were also called to the scene.
But despite their efforts to keep him alive, the 18-year-old victim was pronounced dead at the scene at 6.50pm.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin are aware but formal identification has not taken place. A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course, said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
There have been no arrests.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 9 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
An incident room has opened in Barking under Det Chief Insp John MacDonald of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
He said: “We believe that the victim may have been chased from Butchers Road at the junction of Hooper Road down into Boreham Avenue, Custom House. The people chasing him comprised of a group of black males.”
It is understood the victim has throat injuries.
Anyone with information or witnesses can contacted the incident room on
(020) 8345 3985 or anonymously on Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.