Update: Murder probe launched after young man, 18, killed in Custom House
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a young man in Newham.
Police were called to Gill Avenue, Custom House, shortly after 6.15pm last night following reports of an injured male.
On arrival officers found a male with injuries consistent with stab wounds.
London Ambulance Service and the London Air Ambulance were also called to the scene.
But despite their efforts to keep him alive, the 18-year-old victim was pronounced dead at the scene at 6.50pm.
Next of kin are aware but formal identification has not taken place. A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course, said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
There have been no arrests.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 4 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 5 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 6 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 7 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 8 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 9 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 10 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
An incident room has opened in Barking under Det Chief Insp John MacDonald of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
He said: “We believe that the victim may have been chased from Butchers Road at the junction of Hooper Road down into Boreham Avenue, Custom House. The people chasing him comprised of a group of black males.”
It is understood the victim has throat injuries.
Anyone with information or witnesses can contacted the incident room on
(020) 8345 3985 or anonymously on Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.