Update: Man shot AND stabbed in Forest Gate
A young man was shot AND stabbed in Forest Gate this afternoon.
Police officers were called to Station Road at 2.55pm where they found the man laying injuried in the street.
Scotland Yard said the man had been stabbed and shot in the chest and stomach.
London Ambulance Service said the man was taken to an east London hospital after the incident.
An LAS spokesman said: “We were called just before 3pm to reports of a shooting at Station Road, Forest Gate.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent an ambulance crew and a duty officer to the scene.
“Our staff treated a man and took him to hospital by road ambulance where he was accompanied by a doctor from the London Ambulance Service.”
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 4 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 5 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 6 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 7 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
A resident reported seeing the London Air Ambulance land near Forest Gate Community School.
The Scotland Yard spokesman said the man was believed to aged in his early 20s.
He is a serious but stable condition. No arrests have been made. The area around Station Road has been cordoned off while police forensic teams investigate.
A resident told the Recorder via Twitter that his brother had heard six gunshots.