Update: Man shot AND stabbed in Forest Gate
A young man was shot AND stabbed in Forest Gate this afternoon.
Police officers were called to Station Road at 2.55pm where they found the man laying injuried in the street.
Scotland Yard said the man had been stabbed and shot in the chest and stomach.
London Ambulance Service said the man was taken to an east London hospital after the incident.
An LAS spokesman said: “We were called just before 3pm to reports of a shooting at Station Road, Forest Gate.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent an ambulance crew and a duty officer to the scene.
“Our staff treated a man and took him to hospital by road ambulance where he was accompanied by a doctor from the London Ambulance Service.”
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
A resident reported seeing the London Air Ambulance land near Forest Gate Community School.
The Scotland Yard spokesman said the man was believed to aged in his early 20s.
He is a serious but stable condition. No arrests have been made. The area around Station Road has been cordoned off while police forensic teams investigate.
A resident told the Recorder via Twitter that his brother had heard six gunshots.