Update: Man shot AND stabbed in Forest Gate
A young man was shot AND stabbed in Forest Gate this afternoon.
Police officers were called to Station Road at 2.55pm where they found the man laying injuried in the street.
Scotland Yard said the man had been stabbed and shot in the chest and stomach.
London Ambulance Service said the man was taken to an east London hospital after the incident.
An LAS spokesman said: “We were called just before 3pm to reports of a shooting at Station Road, Forest Gate.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent an ambulance crew and a duty officer to the scene.
“Our staff treated a man and took him to hospital by road ambulance where he was accompanied by a doctor from the London Ambulance Service.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 8 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
A resident reported seeing the London Air Ambulance land near Forest Gate Community School.
The Scotland Yard spokesman said the man was believed to aged in his early 20s.
He is a serious but stable condition. No arrests have been made. The area around Station Road has been cordoned off while police forensic teams investigate.
A resident told the Recorder via Twitter that his brother had heard six gunshots.