North Woolwich shootings: Two teenagers arrested over Karim Simms’ murder
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of the murder of 16-year-old Karim Samms.
Karim died in Roebourne Way in North Woolwich after he was shot in the chest on Friday night.
An 18-year-old man and a 17-year-old were arrested on Wednesday at east London addresses and have been bailed to a date in early May.
The same night that Karim was killed, a man in his early twenties was found with a gunshot wound in nearby Claremont Close.
He has since been discharged from hospital, and police believe that both he and Karim were shot in Pier Parade in the same incident.
You may also want to watch:
Officers will be returning to the scene on Friday, 14 April - one week on from the shootings - to appeal for witnesses.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the Incident Room on 020 8345 3715 or via Twitter @MetCCAlternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking