North Woolwich shootings: Two teenagers arrested over Karim Simms’ murder
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of the murder of 16-year-old Karim Samms.
Karim died in Roebourne Way in North Woolwich after he was shot in the chest on Friday night.
An 18-year-old man and a 17-year-old were arrested on Wednesday at east London addresses and have been bailed to a date in early May.
The same night that Karim was killed, a man in his early twenties was found with a gunshot wound in nearby Claremont Close.
He has since been discharged from hospital, and police believe that both he and Karim were shot in Pier Parade in the same incident.
You may also want to watch:
Officers will be returning to the scene on Friday, 14 April - one week on from the shootings - to appeal for witnesses.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the Incident Room on 020 8345 3715 or via Twitter @MetCCAlternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 3 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover