North Woolwich shootings: Two teenagers arrested over Karim Simms’ murder
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of the murder of 16-year-old Karim Samms.
Karim died in Roebourne Way in North Woolwich after he was shot in the chest on Friday night.
An 18-year-old man and a 17-year-old were arrested on Wednesday at east London addresses and have been bailed to a date in early May.
The same night that Karim was killed, a man in his early twenties was found with a gunshot wound in nearby Claremont Close.
He has since been discharged from hospital, and police believe that both he and Karim were shot in Pier Parade in the same incident.
You may also want to watch:
Officers will be returning to the scene on Friday, 14 April - one week on from the shootings - to appeal for witnesses.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the Incident Room on 020 8345 3715 or via Twitter @MetCCAlternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber