North Woolwich shootings: Two teenagers arrested over Karim Simms’ murder
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of the murder of 16-year-old Karim Samms.
Karim died in Roebourne Way in North Woolwich after he was shot in the chest on Friday night.
An 18-year-old man and a 17-year-old were arrested on Wednesday at east London addresses and have been bailed to a date in early May.
The same night that Karim was killed, a man in his early twenties was found with a gunshot wound in nearby Claremont Close.
He has since been discharged from hospital, and police believe that both he and Karim were shot in Pier Parade in the same incident.
You may also want to watch:
Officers will be returning to the scene on Friday, 14 April - one week on from the shootings - to appeal for witnesses.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the Incident Room on 020 8345 3715 or via Twitter @MetCCAlternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings