Two teenagers arrested by armed police following East Ham car chase
- Credit: Michael Begley
Armed police officers chased and arrested two teenagers following a car crash last night.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed they were called shortly after 6pm to Holland Road, East Ham, amid reports of a group of men armed with a gun.
Officers, some of whom were carrying firearms, then identified a vehicle of interest nearby.
When the car did not stop for police it was pursued to Elmcroft Avenue, Wanstead where, at around 6:17pm, the car collided with a garden wall and a parked car.
Two boys, aged 16 and 17, were arrested nearby. They have been taken to an east London police station where they remain in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries continue to establish the number of men in the car and to trace any outstanding suspects.
The police are also not aware of any injured party and have received no evidence of any shots being fired.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
At this stage, no firearm has been recovered.
Did you see anything? Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3957.