Two teenagers arrested by armed police following East Ham car chase
- Credit: Michael Begley
Armed police officers chased and arrested two teenagers following a car crash last night.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed they were called shortly after 6pm to Holland Road, East Ham, amid reports of a group of men armed with a gun.
Officers, some of whom were carrying firearms, then identified a vehicle of interest nearby.
When the car did not stop for police it was pursued to Elmcroft Avenue, Wanstead where, at around 6:17pm, the car collided with a garden wall and a parked car.
Two boys, aged 16 and 17, were arrested nearby. They have been taken to an east London police station where they remain in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries continue to establish the number of men in the car and to trace any outstanding suspects.
The police are also not aware of any injured party and have received no evidence of any shots being fired.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
At this stage, no firearm has been recovered.
Did you see anything? Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3957.