Two shootings within hours in E6
Police probing possible liks after second shooting in Newham
Police are probing possible links between two separate shootings in which both victims were shot in the buttocks in Newham within hours of each other.
A man in his early 20s was rushed to hospital after being shot in the backside, according to a source, at 6.50pm on Tuesday, in Stondon Walk, East Ham.
Just hours earlier another man, also in his early 20s, was blasted in the buttocks at 2.39pm in Peverel on the Windsor Park estate, Beckton.
He was taken by road to hospital suffering from “non life threatening, non life changing” injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police later confirmed a group of youths, described as black, were seen running away from the scene towards the East Ham Manor Way area after the first shooting.
<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=8069bd29ba" >London Week In Review</a>
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 3 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 10 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes