Two shootings within hours in E6
Police probing possible liks after second shooting in Newham
Police are probing possible links between two separate shootings in which both victims were shot in the buttocks in Newham within hours of each other.
A man in his early 20s was rushed to hospital after being shot in the backside, according to a source, at 6.50pm on Tuesday, in Stondon Walk, East Ham.
Just hours earlier another man, also in his early 20s, was blasted in the buttocks at 2.39pm in Peverel on the Windsor Park estate, Beckton.
He was taken by road to hospital suffering from “non life threatening, non life changing” injuries.
Police later confirmed a group of youths, described as black, were seen running away from the scene towards the East Ham Manor Way area after the first shooting.
<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=8069bd29ba" >London Week In Review</a>
- 1 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 2 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 3 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 4 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 5 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 8 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 9 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 10 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies