Two police officers and four people are injured in ‘disturbance’ in Plaistow
Two police officers and four other people have been injured after they were called to a ‘disturbance’ in Plaistow this evening.
All were rushed to hospital following the incident in Barking Road just before 5.20pm.
Their injuries are not being treated as life-threatening and the two officers have now been discharged.
A section of Barking Road, Cumberland Road, New Barn Street and Balaam Street are currently closed.
Plaistow Police Station is also closed as it lies within the cordoned area. It will be reopened tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Four people have been arrested, included two who were injured, and are currently in custody at an east London police station.
Officers are currently at the scene.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
A Met Police spokeswoman said the disturbance was not being treated as a terrorist-related incident.
This story will be updated.