Two police officers and four people are injured in ‘disturbance’ in Plaistow
Two police officers and four other people have been injured after they were called to a ‘disturbance’ in Plaistow this evening.
All were rushed to hospital following the incident in Barking Road just before 5.20pm.
Their injuries are not being treated as life-threatening and the two officers have now been discharged.
A section of Barking Road, Cumberland Road, New Barn Street and Balaam Street are currently closed.
Plaistow Police Station is also closed as it lies within the cordoned area. It will be reopened tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Four people have been arrested, included two who were injured, and are currently in custody at an east London police station.
Officers are currently at the scene.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 3 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 9 Knife-carrying teenager arrested after running from cops
- 10 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
A Met Police spokeswoman said the disturbance was not being treated as a terrorist-related incident.
This story will be updated.