Two police officers and four people are injured in ‘disturbance’ in Plaistow
Two police officers and four other people have been injured after they were called to a ‘disturbance’ in Plaistow this evening.
All were rushed to hospital following the incident in Barking Road just before 5.20pm.
Their injuries are not being treated as life-threatening and the two officers have now been discharged.
A section of Barking Road, Cumberland Road, New Barn Street and Balaam Street are currently closed.
Plaistow Police Station is also closed as it lies within the cordoned area. It will be reopened tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Four people have been arrested, included two who were injured, and are currently in custody at an east London police station.
Officers are currently at the scene.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
A Met Police spokeswoman said the disturbance was not being treated as a terrorist-related incident.
This story will be updated.