Two police officers and four people are injured in ‘disturbance’ in Plaistow
Two police officers and four other people have been injured after they were called to a ‘disturbance’ in Plaistow this evening.
All were rushed to hospital following the incident in Barking Road just before 5.20pm.
Their injuries are not being treated as life-threatening and the two officers have now been discharged.
A section of Barking Road, Cumberland Road, New Barn Street and Balaam Street are currently closed.
Plaistow Police Station is also closed as it lies within the cordoned area. It will be reopened tomorrow.
Four people have been arrested, included two who were injured, and are currently in custody at an east London police station.
Officers are currently at the scene.
- 1 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 2 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 3 Newham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 6 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 9 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 10 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
A Met Police spokeswoman said the disturbance was not being treated as a terrorist-related incident.
This story will be updated.