Two police officers and four people are injured in ‘disturbance’ in Plaistow
Two police officers and four other people have been injured after they were called to a ‘disturbance’ in Plaistow this evening.
All were rushed to hospital following the incident in Barking Road just before 5.20pm.
Their injuries are not being treated as life-threatening and the two officers have now been discharged.
A section of Barking Road, Cumberland Road, New Barn Street and Balaam Street are currently closed.
Plaistow Police Station is also closed as it lies within the cordoned area. It will be reopened tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Four people have been arrested, included two who were injured, and are currently in custody at an east London police station.
Officers are currently at the scene.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
A Met Police spokeswoman said the disturbance was not being treated as a terrorist-related incident.
This story will be updated.