Two Newham thugs jailed after leaving victim unconscious
Two thugs who left a man unconscious in a brawl have been jailed.
Kevin Devlin, 30, and Julio Ramos, 26, clashed with Claudiu Mogosan in Stratford Broadway in the early hours of October 9 last.
Mogosan, 31, from Oxford, was left lying blooded and with a tooth missing.
He was rescued by a passing police patrol.
Susan Hulme, prosecuting, said the fight erupted after the accused shouted drunken abuse from a bench.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Mogosan confronted them only to be punched to the ground where he was punched and kicked, Inner London Crown Court heard.
His attackers fled, but Devlin was found nearby and Ramos was traced from DNA he left on a bottle.
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 3 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 6 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 7 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
Devlin, who comes from Elderberry Way, East Ham, and Ramos, of Green Street, Upton Park, each admitted affray and were jailed for 11 and nine months respectively.
They had previous convictions, Ramos for having an offensive weapon and threats and Devlin for assaults.