Two Newham thugs jailed after leaving victim unconscious
Two thugs who left a man unconscious in a brawl have been jailed.
Kevin Devlin, 30, and Julio Ramos, 26, clashed with Claudiu Mogosan in Stratford Broadway in the early hours of October 9 last.
Mogosan, 31, from Oxford, was left lying blooded and with a tooth missing.
He was rescued by a passing police patrol.
Susan Hulme, prosecuting, said the fight erupted after the accused shouted drunken abuse from a bench.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Mogosan confronted them only to be punched to the ground where he was punched and kicked, Inner London Crown Court heard.
His attackers fled, but Devlin was found nearby and Ramos was traced from DNA he left on a bottle.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Sir David Amess remembered as 'loved husband, father, MP and St Bon's boy'
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 Candle causes Stratford flat fire which saw two people in hospital
- 10 Gallions Reach chef to be judged by Michel Roux Jr as finalist for prestigious title
Devlin, who comes from Elderberry Way, East Ham, and Ramos, of Green Street, Upton Park, each admitted affray and were jailed for 11 and nine months respectively.
They had previous convictions, Ramos for having an offensive weapon and threats and Devlin for assaults.