Two Newham thugs jailed after leaving victim unconscious
Two thugs who left a man unconscious in a brawl have been jailed.
Kevin Devlin, 30, and Julio Ramos, 26, clashed with Claudiu Mogosan in Stratford Broadway in the early hours of October 9 last.
Mogosan, 31, from Oxford, was left lying blooded and with a tooth missing.
He was rescued by a passing police patrol.
Susan Hulme, prosecuting, said the fight erupted after the accused shouted drunken abuse from a bench.
Mr Mogosan confronted them only to be punched to the ground where he was punched and kicked, Inner London Crown Court heard.
His attackers fled, but Devlin was found nearby and Ramos was traced from DNA he left on a bottle.
- 1 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 2 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 3 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 Newham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 6 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 9 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 10 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
Devlin, who comes from Elderberry Way, East Ham, and Ramos, of Green Street, Upton Park, each admitted affray and were jailed for 11 and nine months respectively.
They had previous convictions, Ramos for having an offensive weapon and threats and Devlin for assaults.