Two Newham thugs jailed after leaving victim unconscious
Two thugs who left a man unconscious in a brawl have been jailed.
Kevin Devlin, 30, and Julio Ramos, 26, clashed with Claudiu Mogosan in Stratford Broadway in the early hours of October 9 last.
Mogosan, 31, from Oxford, was left lying blooded and with a tooth missing.
He was rescued by a passing police patrol.
Susan Hulme, prosecuting, said the fight erupted after the accused shouted drunken abuse from a bench.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Mogosan confronted them only to be punched to the ground where he was punched and kicked, Inner London Crown Court heard.
His attackers fled, but Devlin was found nearby and Ramos was traced from DNA he left on a bottle.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 8 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 9 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 10 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
Devlin, who comes from Elderberry Way, East Ham, and Ramos, of Green Street, Upton Park, each admitted affray and were jailed for 11 and nine months respectively.
They had previous convictions, Ramos for having an offensive weapon and threats and Devlin for assaults.