Two Newham thugs jailed after leaving victim unconscious
Two thugs who left a man unconscious in a brawl have been jailed.
Kevin Devlin, 30, and Julio Ramos, 26, clashed with Claudiu Mogosan in Stratford Broadway in the early hours of October 9 last.
Mogosan, 31, from Oxford, was left lying blooded and with a tooth missing.
He was rescued by a passing police patrol.
Susan Hulme, prosecuting, said the fight erupted after the accused shouted drunken abuse from a bench.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Mogosan confronted them only to be punched to the ground where he was punched and kicked, Inner London Crown Court heard.
His attackers fled, but Devlin was found nearby and Ramos was traced from DNA he left on a bottle.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
Devlin, who comes from Elderberry Way, East Ham, and Ramos, of Green Street, Upton Park, each admitted affray and were jailed for 11 and nine months respectively.
They had previous convictions, Ramos for having an offensive weapon and threats and Devlin for assaults.