Two men stabbed in separate incidents in Maryland
- Credit: Google Maps
Two men have been taken to hospital after being stabbed just minutes apart this afternoon.
Police were called to reports of a fight in Waddington Street, Maryland, at 1.40pm where a man, believed to be in his early 20s, was found with stab wounds to his back.
London’s Air Ambulance was called to the scene, landing in the playground of a nearby primary school.
Just a minute afterwards, officers were also called to reports of a fight in Cruikshank Road, Maryland.
A man, believed to be in his late teens, was found with stab wounds to his legs and buttocks.
You may also want to watch:
A Met Police spokeswoman was unable to provide information about the condition of the men, and added that it was too early to say if the stabbings were linked.
Crime scenes are in place in both streets.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 3 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 8 Hammers 'will keep fighting' says Fornals ahead of derby date
- 9 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 10 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0