Two men jailed for robbing three east London bookies
- Credit: Archant
Two men were jailed this week for organising a series of robberies in bookmakers.
Tom Harris, 27, of no fixed address, was sentenced to 13 years in prison at Snaresbrook Crown Court today after he pleaded guilty to targeting premises in Beckton, Poplar, and Hornchurch.
He was also found guilty of possessing an imitation firearm while attacking William Hill on Frobisher Road.
His accomplice William Mosson, 41, from Southgate, was given three and a half years in prison on Wednesday for his part robbbery of Coral on Poplar High Street.
The two men entered the Poplar premises on April 7 at 6.30pm and Harris produced a can of CS gas at the counter, demanding money, while Mosson acted as a lookout.
You may also want to watch:
They then left, running in the direction of Tower Hamlets College.
On April 15, the pair entered the Beckton bookmakers at 4.30pm and Harris demanded money, threatening to shoot a woman at the counter, lifting his sleeve to show a concealed imitation firearm.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 6 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys
- 7 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 8 David Moyes does not want to be hammered for another striking mistake
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 East Ham MP urges government to keep £20 boost to universal credit
Harris made the same threat to a man working at the shop, took the money, and left.
He also robbed Blenheim Racing in Northolt Way on April 30 at 6.30pm.
The Metropolitan Police’s Flying Squad identified the men after released CCTV images from the scenes and Mosson was arrested at his home address on July 10 with the arrest of Harris apprehended in the West Midlands after a domestic incident on August 18.