Two men appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of Jordan Bari
- Credit: Met
Two men have appeared in court this morning charged with the murder of martial artist Jordan Bari.
Abdallah Salaheedin, 28, of Spring Gardens, Highbury, and Bobby Lawrence, 21, of Canonbury Street, Canonbury, stood before the Old Bailey charged with murder and possession of a firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence.
Both were remanded in custody to return and enter a plea on January 10.
A talented Tang Soo Do fighter, Jordan, 20, trained for many years at the London Black Belt Academy at Newham Leisure Centre, in Prince Regent Lane, Beckton.
He was shot answering a door in Bethnal Green on October 3.
A 29-year-old and a 21-year-old man were arrested at the scene in connection with his death but were subsequently released with no further action.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 3 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 4 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London