Two men appear at court charged with murder in East Ham greenway
- Credit: Archant
Two men accused of murdering 29-year-old Mantas Ziedavicius appeared in court this morning.
Pavels Rozkovs, 42, from Hastings and Hennadiy Yelizarou, 21, of no fixed address, appeared at the Old Bailey charged with the murder of Mr Ziedavicius in a greenway next to Lonsdale Avenue last week.
During the short hearing it emerged that Mr Ziedavicius, a Lithuanian National, was stabbed in the neck.
He also suffered injuries to his head and wrist.
Both men have been remanded in custody will next appear in court in May.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Ziedavicius, an agency worker, was found collapsed on the footpath by officers and paramedics at about 1.30am on February 24.
He was pronounced dead soon after.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking