Two men arrested after allegedly threatening police with gun in Manor Park
- Credit: PA WIRE
Two men have been arrested after allegedly assaulting two police officers and threatening them with a gun in Manor Park.
The Metropolitan Police have confirmed that at around 4.30pm in Romford Road on Thursday, August 16, officers from the Met’s Violent Crime Task Force stopped a vehicle and, after a brief incident, two police officers sustained injuries that required them to go to hospital.
A 25-year-old man, was arrested at the scene; a 23-year-old man, who ran away from the scene was arrested in Grantham Road, E13, following a search of nearby gardens.
Both were arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer and suspicion of possession of a firearm.
No firearm has been recovered, a search for it is ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 2 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 3 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 6 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 7 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 8 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station