Two men arrested after allegedly threatening police with gun in Manor Park
- Credit: PA WIRE
Two men have been arrested after allegedly assaulting two police officers and threatening them with a gun in Manor Park.
The Metropolitan Police have confirmed that at around 4.30pm in Romford Road on Thursday, August 16, officers from the Met’s Violent Crime Task Force stopped a vehicle and, after a brief incident, two police officers sustained injuries that required them to go to hospital.
A 25-year-old man, was arrested at the scene; a 23-year-old man, who ran away from the scene was arrested in Grantham Road, E13, following a search of nearby gardens.
Both were arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer and suspicion of possession of a firearm.
No firearm has been recovered, a search for it is ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 6 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing