Two men arrested after allegedly threatening police with gun in Manor Park
- Credit: PA WIRE
Two men have been arrested after allegedly assaulting two police officers and threatening them with a gun in Manor Park.
The Metropolitan Police have confirmed that at around 4.30pm in Romford Road on Thursday, August 16, officers from the Met’s Violent Crime Task Force stopped a vehicle and, after a brief incident, two police officers sustained injuries that required them to go to hospital.
A 25-year-old man, was arrested at the scene; a 23-year-old man, who ran away from the scene was arrested in Grantham Road, E13, following a search of nearby gardens.
Both were arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer and suspicion of possession of a firearm.
No firearm has been recovered, a search for it is ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 7 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 8 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 9 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season