Two men arrested after allegedly threatening police with gun in Manor Park
- Credit: PA WIRE
Two men have been arrested after allegedly assaulting two police officers and threatening them with a gun in Manor Park.
The Metropolitan Police have confirmed that at around 4.30pm in Romford Road on Thursday, August 16, officers from the Met’s Violent Crime Task Force stopped a vehicle and, after a brief incident, two police officers sustained injuries that required them to go to hospital.
A 25-year-old man, was arrested at the scene; a 23-year-old man, who ran away from the scene was arrested in Grantham Road, E13, following a search of nearby gardens.
Both were arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer and suspicion of possession of a firearm.
No firearm has been recovered, a search for it is ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
- 7 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 8 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 9 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber