Two arrested following cannabis factory closure in Manor Park
- Credit: Archant
Two people were arrested following the closure of a cannabis factory in Manor Park this week.
The East Quadrant Safer Neighbourhoods team discovered the Cannabis factory in Gladding Road on Monday after executing a drugs warrant following a number of anti-social behaviour complaints from the local community.
Once inside the property police discovered cannabis growing in three of the bedrooms and the electricity meter had been by-passed.
Officers seized the Cannabis plants and drug paraphernalia.
A 31-year old man and a 29-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of producing a controlled class B drug and abstracting electricity.
You may also want to watch:
They were taken into custody at an east London police station where they were later bailed to return on a date in early April pending further enquiries.
Detective Sergeant Dean Musgrove, of East Quadrant SNT, said: “My officers are actively listening to resident’s problems, armed with this kind of information we can actively disrupt this kind of criminality. “Newham police has a zero tolerance approach towards drugs and we will continue to act swiftly to arrest offenders and reduce crime, making Newham a safer place to live, visit and work.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 8 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues