Tributes paid after Plaistow stab victim dies
- Credit: PA WIRE
Tributes have been paid to a 19-year-old man from Plaistow who died after being stabbed in Essex.
He has been named locally as Nico Ramsay, who lived with his family in Eastern Road.
Nico is said to be one of five children and the younger brother of Rinse FM DJ Marcus Nasty, who also owns underground bass radio station Nasty.FM.
Another brother, Theo Junior Ramsay, who also goes by the artist name of Lil Nasty, updated his Facebook profile picture on Friday with an image that appears to be that of Nico.
The picture has since received 191 likes and numerous messages of condolence.
You may also want to watch:
Bradley Drizzy Drisdale wrote: “Sorry to hear about the passing bro, I send my condolences to you and the family. Sad times but stay strong and his memory will always live on. R.I.P Nico.”
Friends and acquaintances of Nico have also taken to Twitter to express their shock and sympathy.
- 1 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 2 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 3 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 6 East Ham money laundering suspect arrested in people smuggling probe
- 7 Council loses court action against Barclays Bank
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton on the six game winless run
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
Rapper Realz, who posts as @RlzWorld, said: “What!!!? How am I only hearing this!? R.I.P Young Nico Ramsay thoughts are with the family”.
@Solarge_E300 tweeted: “Condolences goes to the nasty/Ramsey [sic] family. May the most high strengthen you all at this difficult time.”
A 21-year-old man and a 25-year-old man have been charged in connection with a police murder investigation.
It is thought Nico was stabbed in Southend on Saturday, February 13 and died in hospital on Wednesday last week.
CCTV was released on the same day as part of a police appeal for information about a man who was in the area at the time of the stabbing in Napier Avenue, close to the town centre.
Detectives are continuing to appeal for information from the public about the murder by contacting 101 or calling Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.