Tributes paid after Plaistow stab victim dies
- Credit: PA WIRE
Tributes have been paid to a 19-year-old man from Plaistow who died after being stabbed in Essex.
He has been named locally as Nico Ramsay, who lived with his family in Eastern Road.
Nico is said to be one of five children and the younger brother of Rinse FM DJ Marcus Nasty, who also owns underground bass radio station Nasty.FM.
Another brother, Theo Junior Ramsay, who also goes by the artist name of Lil Nasty, updated his Facebook profile picture on Friday with an image that appears to be that of Nico.
The picture has since received 191 likes and numerous messages of condolence.
You may also want to watch:
Bradley Drizzy Drisdale wrote: “Sorry to hear about the passing bro, I send my condolences to you and the family. Sad times but stay strong and his memory will always live on. R.I.P Nico.”
Friends and acquaintances of Nico have also taken to Twitter to express their shock and sympathy.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
- 7 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 8 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 9 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
Rapper Realz, who posts as @RlzWorld, said: “What!!!? How am I only hearing this!? R.I.P Young Nico Ramsay thoughts are with the family”.
@Solarge_E300 tweeted: “Condolences goes to the nasty/Ramsey [sic] family. May the most high strengthen you all at this difficult time.”
A 21-year-old man and a 25-year-old man have been charged in connection with a police murder investigation.
It is thought Nico was stabbed in Southend on Saturday, February 13 and died in hospital on Wednesday last week.
CCTV was released on the same day as part of a police appeal for information about a man who was in the area at the time of the stabbing in Napier Avenue, close to the town centre.
Detectives are continuing to appeal for information from the public about the murder by contacting 101 or calling Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.