Tributes paid after Plaistow stab victim dies
- Credit: PA WIRE
Tributes have been paid to a 19-year-old man from Plaistow who died after being stabbed in Essex.
He has been named locally as Nico Ramsay, who lived with his family in Eastern Road.
Nico is said to be one of five children and the younger brother of Rinse FM DJ Marcus Nasty, who also owns underground bass radio station Nasty.FM.
Another brother, Theo Junior Ramsay, who also goes by the artist name of Lil Nasty, updated his Facebook profile picture on Friday with an image that appears to be that of Nico.
The picture has since received 191 likes and numerous messages of condolence.
Bradley Drizzy Drisdale wrote: “Sorry to hear about the passing bro, I send my condolences to you and the family. Sad times but stay strong and his memory will always live on. R.I.P Nico.”
Friends and acquaintances of Nico have also taken to Twitter to express their shock and sympathy.
- 1 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 2 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 3 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 6 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 7 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 8 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 9 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 10 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
Rapper Realz, who posts as @RlzWorld, said: “What!!!? How am I only hearing this!? R.I.P Young Nico Ramsay thoughts are with the family”.
@Solarge_E300 tweeted: “Condolences goes to the nasty/Ramsey [sic] family. May the most high strengthen you all at this difficult time.”
A 21-year-old man and a 25-year-old man have been charged in connection with a police murder investigation.
It is thought Nico was stabbed in Southend on Saturday, February 13 and died in hospital on Wednesday last week.
CCTV was released on the same day as part of a police appeal for information about a man who was in the area at the time of the stabbing in Napier Avenue, close to the town centre.
Detectives are continuing to appeal for information from the public about the murder by contacting 101 or calling Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.