‘He was just really amazing’: Sister’s tribute to stabbed man
- Credit: Awa Ceesay
The sister of a “loving and kind” man stabbed to death in Forest Gate has paid tribute to him.
Ismail Ceesay, 33, was found with stab injuries in Warwick Road in the early hours of May 28.
The father-of-one, who lived in Forest Gate but grew up in Wanstead, died in hospital.
"He was a really loving person, he was just really amazing," his sister Awa Ceesay, 26, said.
"He would do anything for anyone, he had lots of great friendships.
"He had a three-year-old boy who adored him."
Awa added her brother was a devoted family man.
- 1 'Suspicious' Forest Gate construction fire under investigation
- 2 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 3 Teenager from Newham found safe and well
- 4 Burglars jailed for violent Upminster burglary where boy, 11, was shot
- 5 The ex-gang member who turned from crime to become a pastor mentoring young people
- 6 Gainsborough Avenue stabbing: 14-year-old boy charged
- 7 'Never limit ourselves': Newham dance school reaches 18 years of success
- 8 Pensioner dies after being critically injured in East Ham crash
- 9 Two arrests after multi-vehicle crash on Barking Road
- 10 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
"Our dad died when we were quite young and he took on the father role," she said. "He was very protective of his sisters."
Three people have been arrested on suspicion of Ismail's murder.
A 24-year-old man and a woman aged 20 remain in custody, while a 46-year-old man has been released on bail.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD427/28May, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.