‘He was just really amazing’: Sister’s tribute to stabbed man
- Credit: Awa Ceesay
The sister of a “loving and kind” man stabbed to death in Forest Gate has paid tribute to him.
Ismail Ceesay, 33, was found with stab injuries in Warwick Road in the early hours of May 28.
The father-of-one, who lived in Forest Gate but grew up in Wanstead, died in hospital.
"He was a really loving person, he was just really amazing," his sister Awa Ceesay, 26, said.
"He would do anything for anyone, he had lots of great friendships.
You may also want to watch:
"He had a three-year-old boy who adored him."
Awa added her brother was a devoted family man.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
"Our dad died when we were quite young and he took on the father role," she said. "He was very protective of his sisters."
Three people have been arrested on suspicion of Ismail's murder.
A 24-year-old man and a woman aged 20 remain in custody, while a 46-year-old man has been released on bail.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD427/28May, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.