Thugs jailed for robbing Beckton dog walker
Two drunken thugs who beat a dog walker unconscious and stole his mobile phone were each jailed for four years.
Deididas Nagys, 19, and Arturas Kutenkovas, 22, attacked student Somiar Ahmed with a third unknown man as he walked his dog in Beckton.
After Nagys punched him to the ground they repeatedly kicked him in the body and head on January 13.
Mr Ahmed was left with severe facial bruising and a fractured ankle, and later needed surgery.
As he lay unconscious on the ground Nagys stole his mobile phone, while a third man took the dog – later found tethered to a lamp-post nearby – Inner London Crown Court heard.
You may also want to watch:
Nagys, of Dixon Close, Beckton, and Kutenkovas, of Barking Road, Plaistow, both admitted wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and theft.
Sentencing the Lithuanians Judge Roger Chapple said: “This was a dreadful offence in which the two of you, and one other assaulted a 19-year-old student who had done nothing to you. This is the sort of violence that makes the public fearful of their own safety to walk the street at night.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 10 Charity provides free breakfasts for 561 vulnerable families over half term
Prosecutor Graham Lloyd told the court: “The victim in this case was walking his dog, Zeus, on a path behind Asda towards Beckton Library.
“The next thing he remembers is waking up in hospital in a huge amount of pain.
“Perhaps in what is the most disturbing fact about this case, is that having run away from the victim, two other men come along to the scene and continue assaulting the victim. It is a mystery to the police as to who these two men are.”
CCTV showed the yobs attacking the student before fleeing with his mobile phone and wallet.