Thugs jailed for robbing Beckton dog walker
Two drunken thugs who beat a dog walker unconscious and stole his mobile phone were each jailed for four years.
Deididas Nagys, 19, and Arturas Kutenkovas, 22, attacked student Somiar Ahmed with a third unknown man as he walked his dog in Beckton.
After Nagys punched him to the ground they repeatedly kicked him in the body and head on January 13.
Mr Ahmed was left with severe facial bruising and a fractured ankle, and later needed surgery.
As he lay unconscious on the ground Nagys stole his mobile phone, while a third man took the dog – later found tethered to a lamp-post nearby – Inner London Crown Court heard.
You may also want to watch:
Nagys, of Dixon Close, Beckton, and Kutenkovas, of Barking Road, Plaistow, both admitted wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and theft.
Sentencing the Lithuanians Judge Roger Chapple said: “This was a dreadful offence in which the two of you, and one other assaulted a 19-year-old student who had done nothing to you. This is the sort of violence that makes the public fearful of their own safety to walk the street at night.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
Prosecutor Graham Lloyd told the court: “The victim in this case was walking his dog, Zeus, on a path behind Asda towards Beckton Library.
“The next thing he remembers is waking up in hospital in a huge amount of pain.
“Perhaps in what is the most disturbing fact about this case, is that having run away from the victim, two other men come along to the scene and continue assaulting the victim. It is a mystery to the police as to who these two men are.”
CCTV showed the yobs attacking the student before fleeing with his mobile phone and wallet.