Thugs jailed for robbing Beckton dog walker
Two drunken thugs who beat a dog walker unconscious and stole his mobile phone were each jailed for four years.
Deididas Nagys, 19, and Arturas Kutenkovas, 22, attacked student Somiar Ahmed with a third unknown man as he walked his dog in Beckton.
After Nagys punched him to the ground they repeatedly kicked him in the body and head on January 13.
Mr Ahmed was left with severe facial bruising and a fractured ankle, and later needed surgery.
As he lay unconscious on the ground Nagys stole his mobile phone, while a third man took the dog – later found tethered to a lamp-post nearby – Inner London Crown Court heard.
You may also want to watch:
Nagys, of Dixon Close, Beckton, and Kutenkovas, of Barking Road, Plaistow, both admitted wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and theft.
Sentencing the Lithuanians Judge Roger Chapple said: “This was a dreadful offence in which the two of you, and one other assaulted a 19-year-old student who had done nothing to you. This is the sort of violence that makes the public fearful of their own safety to walk the street at night.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 3 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 9 Knife-carrying teenager arrested after running from cops
- 10 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
Prosecutor Graham Lloyd told the court: “The victim in this case was walking his dog, Zeus, on a path behind Asda towards Beckton Library.
“The next thing he remembers is waking up in hospital in a huge amount of pain.
“Perhaps in what is the most disturbing fact about this case, is that having run away from the victim, two other men come along to the scene and continue assaulting the victim. It is a mystery to the police as to who these two men are.”
CCTV showed the yobs attacking the student before fleeing with his mobile phone and wallet.