Three teenagers convicted of launching brutal knife and acid attack on boy, 16, in North Woolwich
- Credit: CPS
Three teenage gang members have been convicted of breaking into a North Woolwich home to launch a knife and acid attack on a 16-year-old boy.
The three teenagers were part of a group of “about nine or more” people who kicked down the house’s front door before running inside to attack the boy, according to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).
A corrosive substance was thrown in the boy’s face and he was slashed with knives.
The victim’s vision has been effected and whilst his slice injuries were serious they were not life threatening.
Omar Windross, 19, and Charles Asonye, 18, have admitted aggravated burglary ahead of a trial due to begin at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
A 15-year-old who cannot be named for legal reasons also pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing.
Windross squirted the acid whilst Asonye and the 15-year-old are responsible for the stabbing.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 9 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
Sara Penson, of the CPS, said: “This was a terrifying attack and each of these three assailants was positively identified by a witness, as well as by cell site data for their mobiles placing them in the area.
“CCTV of the street also showed their faces, further undermining false alibis by two of the boys that they had been elsewhere at the time.
“The CPS supported both the victim of this attack and the witness through this prosecution with applications to allow them to give their evidence from behind screens to avoid any potential intimidation.
“These three young men will now face the consequences of their crimes.”
All three will be sentenced on March 23 2018.