Three Newham men to stand trial for Raja Ali murder
- Credit: Met police
Three Newham men charged with the murder of 33-year-old Raja Ali are due to stand trial at the Old Bailey next year.
Mr Ali, of Elm Park, died following an assault in Stansgate Road, Dagenham, on Sunday, September 25.
Zakar Yunas, 21, of Rokeby Street, Stratford, Abubaker Omar-Bana, 26, of Rochford Close, East Ham and Jordon Archambie, 20, from Hesketh Road, Forest Gate have been remanded to appear at a pre-trial preparation hearing at the Old Bailey on January 27.
Dagenham men Mussa Jalo, 21, of Norfolk Road, and Daniel Paul Welch, 33, of Winstead Gardens, will also appear.
The trial is provisionally due to start on May 2 next year and is set to last up to six weeks, Barkingside Magistrates’ Court heard today.
You may also want to watch:
Three other men, two aged 21, one aged 26, who were also arrested on suspicion of murder have all been bailed to a date in early January.
A 27-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder has been bailed to a date in mid-January.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 9 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 10 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque