Three Newham men to stand trial for Raja Ali murder
- Credit: Met police
Three Newham men charged with the murder of 33-year-old Raja Ali are due to stand trial at the Old Bailey next year.
Mr Ali, of Elm Park, died following an assault in Stansgate Road, Dagenham, on Sunday, September 25.
Zakar Yunas, 21, of Rokeby Street, Stratford, Abubaker Omar-Bana, 26, of Rochford Close, East Ham and Jordon Archambie, 20, from Hesketh Road, Forest Gate have been remanded to appear at a pre-trial preparation hearing at the Old Bailey on January 27.
Dagenham men Mussa Jalo, 21, of Norfolk Road, and Daniel Paul Welch, 33, of Winstead Gardens, will also appear.
The trial is provisionally due to start on May 2 next year and is set to last up to six weeks, Barkingside Magistrates’ Court heard today.
You may also want to watch:
Three other men, two aged 21, one aged 26, who were also arrested on suspicion of murder have all been bailed to a date in early January.
A 27-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder has been bailed to a date in mid-January.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 8 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues