Three Newham men to stand trial for Raja Ali murder
- Credit: Met police
Three Newham men charged with the murder of 33-year-old Raja Ali are due to stand trial at the Old Bailey next year.
Mr Ali, of Elm Park, died following an assault in Stansgate Road, Dagenham, on Sunday, September 25.
Zakar Yunas, 21, of Rokeby Street, Stratford, Abubaker Omar-Bana, 26, of Rochford Close, East Ham and Jordon Archambie, 20, from Hesketh Road, Forest Gate have been remanded to appear at a pre-trial preparation hearing at the Old Bailey on January 27.
Dagenham men Mussa Jalo, 21, of Norfolk Road, and Daniel Paul Welch, 33, of Winstead Gardens, will also appear.
The trial is provisionally due to start on May 2 next year and is set to last up to six weeks, Barkingside Magistrates’ Court heard today.
You may also want to watch:
Three other men, two aged 21, one aged 26, who were also arrested on suspicion of murder have all been bailed to a date in early January.
A 27-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder has been bailed to a date in mid-January.
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 4 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 5 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing