Three more arrests in Abdul Mayanja Maryland killing
- Credit: GoFundMe
Detectives investigating the suspected murder of 19-year-old young RAF cadet Abdul Mayanja have made three new arrests.
Abdul was gunned down in Well Street near Maryland Station at 10.40pm on August 25.
He was rushed to hospital by paramedics but later died of his injuries.
Two men, aged 22 and 23, were arrested on suspicion of conspiring with others to commit murder on Tuesday, September 12.
Another 22-year-old man was arrested on the same charge on Saturday, September 8.
You may also want to watch:
All three have been bailed pending further enquiries to a date in early October.
Two other men, aged 22 and 23, were arrested on suspicion of murder on Sunday, September 3 and bailed to a date in late September.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 8 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
A 19-year-old man was also arrested on Wednesday, September 6 of suspicion of conspiring with others to commit murder and bailed to a date in early October.