Three men charged with murdering former Newham College student
- Credit: Met Police
Three men have been charged with murder following the fatal shooting of former Newham College student Abdifatah “Abdi” Sheikhey.
Abdi, 19, was found with gunshot wounds at the junction of Bedford Road and Ilford Lane, Ilford, shortly after 10pm on March 21.
He died at the scene less than an hour later.
Today police charged Sami Omar, 21, and Roberto Mohamed, 20, both of Kingston Road, Ilford, as well as Jordie Kibusi, 20, of Wisteria Close, Ilford, with Abdi’s alleged murder.
They will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
Two other men, both aged 23, were arrested on Tuesday and have been bailed to a date to be confirmed.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network