Three face trial after East Ham killing
Three face trial for East Ham killing
TWO men accused of robbing and killing a father-of-four outside a 24-hour shop denied murder at the Old Bailey last week (18/2).
Sellathurai Easwaran, 40, died of head injuries the day after being attacked in the street in East Ham, on November 6 last year.
He was found lying on the ground near the Akgul Foodstore at 347 Barking Road by police officers at 3am and was taken to hospital.
He was allowed to return home later that morning but was found dead at his home at St Winefride’s Avenue, Manor Park, at 11.20am the next day.
You may also want to watch:
Giovanni Castro, 20, of Keppel Road, East Ham, Daniel Torres, 19, of Percy Road, Canning Town, and Christian Bustillos, 23, of Khartoum Road, Plaistow, appeared in court for a plea and case management hearing.
Castro and Bustillos both pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and robbery.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 3 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 10 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
Torres is expected to enter his pleas when they all return to court on April 14.
Judge Peter Thornton QC set the trial for May 9 this year. It is expected to last three weeks.All three men were remanded in custody.