Three face trial after East Ham killing
Three face trial for East Ham killing
TWO men accused of robbing and killing a father-of-four outside a 24-hour shop denied murder at the Old Bailey last week (18/2).
Sellathurai Easwaran, 40, died of head injuries the day after being attacked in the street in East Ham, on November 6 last year.
He was found lying on the ground near the Akgul Foodstore at 347 Barking Road by police officers at 3am and was taken to hospital.
He was allowed to return home later that morning but was found dead at his home at St Winefride’s Avenue, Manor Park, at 11.20am the next day.
You may also want to watch:
Giovanni Castro, 20, of Keppel Road, East Ham, Daniel Torres, 19, of Percy Road, Canning Town, and Christian Bustillos, 23, of Khartoum Road, Plaistow, appeared in court for a plea and case management hearing.
Castro and Bustillos both pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and robbery.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 6 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
Torres is expected to enter his pleas when they all return to court on April 14.
Judge Peter Thornton QC set the trial for May 9 this year. It is expected to last three weeks.All three men were remanded in custody.