Three charged as £2.7m of cocaine seized after police follow car from Plaistow
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been charged with drug offences after police seized £2.7million worth of cocaine.
Detectives and sniffer dogs searched a car after following it from New Barn Street, Plaistow, on Monday evening.
They found seven blocks of what is believed to be cocaine concealed in hidden compartments.
Officers also recovered a key for a Mercedes, tracked to an address in north London, in which they found £50,000 in cash.
A further address in Jutland Road was later searched, where two more blocks of cocaine were discovered, bringing the total weight of drugs seized to 12kg.
You may also want to watch:
Three men from north London were charged on Wednesday with conspiracy to supply class A and class B drugs and money laundering. They have been remanded in custody before a hearing at Maidstone Crown Court on September 4.
Two other men have been bailed pending further enquiries.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 4 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 5 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 6 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners