Three charged as £2.7m of cocaine seized after police follow car from Plaistow
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been charged with drug offences after police seized £2.7million worth of cocaine.
Detectives and sniffer dogs searched a car after following it from New Barn Street, Plaistow, on Monday evening.
They found seven blocks of what is believed to be cocaine concealed in hidden compartments.
Officers also recovered a key for a Mercedes, tracked to an address in north London, in which they found £50,000 in cash.
A further address in Jutland Road was later searched, where two more blocks of cocaine were discovered, bringing the total weight of drugs seized to 12kg.
You may also want to watch:
Three men from north London were charged on Wednesday with conspiracy to supply class A and class B drugs and money laundering. They have been remanded in custody before a hearing at Maidstone Crown Court on September 4.
Two other men have been bailed pending further enquiries.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 8 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues