Three charged as £2.7m of cocaine seized after police follow car from Plaistow
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been charged with drug offences after police seized £2.7million worth of cocaine.
Detectives and sniffer dogs searched a car after following it from New Barn Street, Plaistow, on Monday evening.
They found seven blocks of what is believed to be cocaine concealed in hidden compartments.
Officers also recovered a key for a Mercedes, tracked to an address in north London, in which they found £50,000 in cash.
A further address in Jutland Road was later searched, where two more blocks of cocaine were discovered, bringing the total weight of drugs seized to 12kg.
Three men from north London were charged on Wednesday with conspiracy to supply class A and class B drugs and money laundering. They have been remanded in custody before a hearing at Maidstone Crown Court on September 4.
Two other men have been bailed pending further enquiries.
- 1 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 2 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 3 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 4 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 5 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 7 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 8 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 9 Newham residents urged to shop local on Small Business Saturday
- 10 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped