Three arrested over Halloween shooting of Plaistow shop owner
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and attempted robbery at a Plaistow shop last year.
The trio from Basildon, aged 25, 38 and 49, were arrested by the Metropolitan Police’s Flying Squad at 5.30am this morning and taken to a North London police station.
Police released an appeal in February featuring CCTV footage of the incident, which took place at the Show Supermarket on the High Street on October 31.
Two men entered the shop at around 11.45pm and one threatened the shop owner and his assistant with what appeared to be a sawn-off shotgun while the other kept watch.
The victims, aged 51 and 40, resisted the robbery and chased the suspects out of the shop.
You may also want to watch:
The shop owner was shot in the chest at close range out of sight of CCTV cameras.
He was taken to hospital with life-changing injuries and spent two weeks in a coma.
- 1 Jailed: Drug dealer who crashed into cab leaving passengers critically injured
- 2 Detectives release images after robbery in East Ham
- 3 'Severe maladministration' by Newham Council in housing complaint handling
- 4 Jailed: Manor Park man guilty of drug offences, but not machete murder
- 5 Man in hospital after fire at disused Forest Gate church
- 6 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 7 £3m centre to reduce young adult reoffending to be set up in Stratford
- 8 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 9 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff feels he knows already what makes the squad tick
DCI Steve Ellen of the Flying Squad said: “We received a number of leads as a result of the media appeal in February.
“These have helped us progress our investigation, so I thank media for their support. The investigation is now at a sensitive stage as we continue with our enquiries.”
The shop owner’s daughter said at the time of the appeal that her father has since suffered numerous health problems as a result and is unable to return to work.