Three arrested over Halloween shooting of Plaistow shop owner
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and attempted robbery at a Plaistow shop last year.
The trio from Basildon, aged 25, 38 and 49, were arrested by the Metropolitan Police’s Flying Squad at 5.30am this morning and taken to a North London police station.
Police released an appeal in February featuring CCTV footage of the incident, which took place at the Show Supermarket on the High Street on October 31.
Two men entered the shop at around 11.45pm and one threatened the shop owner and his assistant with what appeared to be a sawn-off shotgun while the other kept watch.
The victims, aged 51 and 40, resisted the robbery and chased the suspects out of the shop.
You may also want to watch:
The shop owner was shot in the chest at close range out of sight of CCTV cameras.
He was taken to hospital with life-changing injuries and spent two weeks in a coma.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
- 10 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
DCI Steve Ellen of the Flying Squad said: “We received a number of leads as a result of the media appeal in February.
“These have helped us progress our investigation, so I thank media for their support. The investigation is now at a sensitive stage as we continue with our enquiries.”
The shop owner’s daughter said at the time of the appeal that her father has since suffered numerous health problems as a result and is unable to return to work.