Three arrested over Halloween shooting of Plaistow shop owner
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and attempted robbery at a Plaistow shop last year.
The trio from Basildon, aged 25, 38 and 49, were arrested by the Metropolitan Police’s Flying Squad at 5.30am this morning and taken to a North London police station.
Police released an appeal in February featuring CCTV footage of the incident, which took place at the Show Supermarket on the High Street on October 31.
Two men entered the shop at around 11.45pm and one threatened the shop owner and his assistant with what appeared to be a sawn-off shotgun while the other kept watch.
The victims, aged 51 and 40, resisted the robbery and chased the suspects out of the shop.
The shop owner was shot in the chest at close range out of sight of CCTV cameras.
He was taken to hospital with life-changing injuries and spent two weeks in a coma.
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 3 Leyton Orient claim second successive League Two win at Crawley
- 4 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 5 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 6 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 7 Motorist who 'appeared to be driving at other vehicles' in Essex arrested
- 8 West Ham will add more after Cornet signing says Moyes
- 9 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 10 Man in critical condition after stabbing in Custom House
DCI Steve Ellen of the Flying Squad said: “We received a number of leads as a result of the media appeal in February.
“These have helped us progress our investigation, so I thank media for their support. The investigation is now at a sensitive stage as we continue with our enquiries.”
The shop owner’s daughter said at the time of the appeal that her father has since suffered numerous health problems as a result and is unable to return to work.