Three arrested in Newham after terrorism raid
Three people were arrested this morning on suspicion of terrorism offences after a raid on an address in Newham.
The men, aged 18, 24, and 26, were detained as part of a pre-planned operation. The Met Police said it was not linked to the Olympic Games.
The 24-year-old man was tasered during his arrest but did not need hospital treatment.
Two men, aged 21 and 29, and a woman, 30, were also arrested in west London this morning.
All were taken to a south-east London police station where they remain in custody.
You may also want to watch:
A total of eight properties and one business premises are being searched today in east, west and north London under the Terrorism Act 2000 as part of the enquiries.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 West Ham assistant manager Alan Irvine backs Said Benrahma to end goal drought