Three arrested in Newham after terrorism raid
Three people were arrested this morning on suspicion of terrorism offences after a raid on an address in Newham.
The men, aged 18, 24, and 26, were detained as part of a pre-planned operation. The Met Police said it was not linked to the Olympic Games.
The 24-year-old man was tasered during his arrest but did not need hospital treatment.
Two men, aged 21 and 29, and a woman, 30, were also arrested in west London this morning.
All were taken to a south-east London police station where they remain in custody.
You may also want to watch:
A total of eight properties and one business premises are being searched today in east, west and north London under the Terrorism Act 2000 as part of the enquiries.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes