Three arrested in Newham after terrorism raid
Three people were arrested this morning on suspicion of terrorism offences after a raid on an address in Newham.
The men, aged 18, 24, and 26, were detained as part of a pre-planned operation. The Met Police said it was not linked to the Olympic Games.
The 24-year-old man was tasered during his arrest but did not need hospital treatment.
Two men, aged 21 and 29, and a woman, 30, were also arrested in west London this morning.
All were taken to a south-east London police station where they remain in custody.
You may also want to watch:
A total of eight properties and one business premises are being searched today in east, west and north London under the Terrorism Act 2000 as part of the enquiries.
- 1 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 2 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 3 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Three teenagers arrested after boy, 16, found stabbed in East Village
- 6 Why musician swapped working with pop stars to teaching Newham pupils
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 9 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate