Three arrested in Canning Town dawn raids
Men held over drug possession and dangerous dog offences
Three men are being quizzed by police following a dawn raid in Canning Town this morning.
Officers acting on intelligence searched 17 single occupancy rooms at a property in Barking Road.
Two men, aged 26 and 33, were arrested for drug possession, while a 43-year-old was arrested for dangerous dog offences.
They all remain in custody at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Neil Taylor from Newham Crime Squad said: “This operation is part of an ongoing borough initiative to clamp down on the supply and use of drugs to continue to make Newham safer.
“This type of operation is a warning to those that continue to be involved in drugs and commit crime on the borough that we will identify offenders and bring them to justice on behalf of the community.”
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 3 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 10 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate