Three arrested in Canning Town dawn raids
Men held over drug possession and dangerous dog offences
Three men are being quizzed by police following a dawn raid in Canning Town this morning.
Officers acting on intelligence searched 17 single occupancy rooms at a property in Barking Road.
Two men, aged 26 and 33, were arrested for drug possession, while a 43-year-old was arrested for dangerous dog offences.
They all remain in custody at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Neil Taylor from Newham Crime Squad said: “This operation is part of an ongoing borough initiative to clamp down on the supply and use of drugs to continue to make Newham safer.
“This type of operation is a warning to those that continue to be involved in drugs and commit crime on the borough that we will identify offenders and bring them to justice on behalf of the community.”
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 10 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families