Three arrested in Canning Town dawn raids
Men held over drug possession and dangerous dog offences
Three men are being quizzed by police following a dawn raid in Canning Town this morning.
Officers acting on intelligence searched 17 single occupancy rooms at a property in Barking Road.
Two men, aged 26 and 33, were arrested for drug possession, while a 43-year-old was arrested for dangerous dog offences.
They all remain in custody at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Neil Taylor from Newham Crime Squad said: “This operation is part of an ongoing borough initiative to clamp down on the supply and use of drugs to continue to make Newham safer.
“This type of operation is a warning to those that continue to be involved in drugs and commit crime on the borough that we will identify offenders and bring them to justice on behalf of the community.”
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham