Three arrested in Canning Town dawn raids
Men held over drug possession and dangerous dog offences
Three men are being quizzed by police following a dawn raid in Canning Town this morning.
Officers acting on intelligence searched 17 single occupancy rooms at a property in Barking Road.
Two men, aged 26 and 33, were arrested for drug possession, while a 43-year-old was arrested for dangerous dog offences.
They all remain in custody at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Neil Taylor from Newham Crime Squad said: “This operation is part of an ongoing borough initiative to clamp down on the supply and use of drugs to continue to make Newham safer.
“This type of operation is a warning to those that continue to be involved in drugs and commit crime on the borough that we will identify offenders and bring them to justice on behalf of the community.”
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking