Three arrested after cannabis toilet flush failure in Manor Park drugs raid
- Credit: Archant
Three men were arrested in a drugs raid in Manor Park after failing to flush a large quantity of cannabis down the toilet.
Officers from East Ham South and Wall End Safer Neighbourhoods Team raided an address in Warrior Square on Monday at about 8pm.
At first, the occupants refused to open the door, but after being alerted to a strong cannabis smell through the letterbox, the officers forced entry.
The occupants had tried to unsuccessfully flush a large quantity of cannabis down the toilet. Electronic scales were also recovered from the address.
Three men were arrested for possession with intent to supply a class B drug but have since been bailed to return to an east London police station in mid-July.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Gordon Henderson, from Newham police, said: “The officers involved acted diligently and promptly and I am pleased their actions resulted in three arrests and the seizure of a large quantity of drugs.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 4 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 5 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 6 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 7 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 8 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week