Three arrested after cannabis toilet flush failure in Manor Park drugs raid
- Credit: Archant
Three men were arrested in a drugs raid in Manor Park after failing to flush a large quantity of cannabis down the toilet.
Officers from East Ham South and Wall End Safer Neighbourhoods Team raided an address in Warrior Square on Monday at about 8pm.
At first, the occupants refused to open the door, but after being alerted to a strong cannabis smell through the letterbox, the officers forced entry.
The occupants had tried to unsuccessfully flush a large quantity of cannabis down the toilet. Electronic scales were also recovered from the address.
Three men were arrested for possession with intent to supply a class B drug but have since been bailed to return to an east London police station in mid-July.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Gordon Henderson, from Newham police, said: “The officers involved acted diligently and promptly and I am pleased their actions resulted in three arrests and the seizure of a large quantity of drugs.”
- 1 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 4 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 5 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 8 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home