Three arrested after cannabis toilet flush failure in Manor Park drugs raid
- Credit: Archant
Three men were arrested in a drugs raid in Manor Park after failing to flush a large quantity of cannabis down the toilet.
Officers from East Ham South and Wall End Safer Neighbourhoods Team raided an address in Warrior Square on Monday at about 8pm.
At first, the occupants refused to open the door, but after being alerted to a strong cannabis smell through the letterbox, the officers forced entry.
The occupants had tried to unsuccessfully flush a large quantity of cannabis down the toilet. Electronic scales were also recovered from the address.
Three men were arrested for possession with intent to supply a class B drug but have since been bailed to return to an east London police station in mid-July.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Gordon Henderson, from Newham police, said: “The officers involved acted diligently and promptly and I am pleased their actions resulted in three arrests and the seizure of a large quantity of drugs.”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012