Third suspect, 19, in Abdul Mayanja murder investigation released on bail
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A teenager arrested after the fatal shooting of a young RAF air cadet in Newham has been released on bail.
The 19-year-old man was taken into custody on Wednesday on suspicion of conspiring to murder Adbul Mayanja, 19, who was shot in the chest near Maryland Station in Well Street on August 25.
Two men, aged 22 and 23, were arrested on the same charge on Sunday and have since been released on bail to a date in early October.
Detectives continue to appeal for information from anyone who was in Well Street or the surrounding area around the time of the suspected murder.
Investigation lead Det Insp Paul Considine said: “Any information, no matter how insignificant, may prove vital in helping us confirm what happened that night.
You may also want to watch:
Police ask witnesses or anyone with information to call 020 8345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Up to 100 drivers thwarted in crackdown on car meets in Newham
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 Women rescued as flat destroyed in Custom House blaze
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 5 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 6 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 7 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital