Third suspect, 19, in Abdul Mayanja murder investigation released on bail
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A teenager arrested after the fatal shooting of a young RAF air cadet in Newham has been released on bail.
The 19-year-old man was taken into custody on Wednesday on suspicion of conspiring to murder Adbul Mayanja, 19, who was shot in the chest near Maryland Station in Well Street on August 25.
Two men, aged 22 and 23, were arrested on the same charge on Sunday and have since been released on bail to a date in early October.
Detectives continue to appeal for information from anyone who was in Well Street or the surrounding area around the time of the suspected murder.
Investigation lead Det Insp Paul Considine said: “Any information, no matter how insignificant, may prove vital in helping us confirm what happened that night.
Police ask witnesses or anyone with information to call 020 8345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 2 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 3 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 4 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 5 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Donor appeal as East Ham man needs second kidney transplant
- 8 West Ham boss Moyes disappointed by Leeds defeat
- 9 Tributes to 'much-loved' Stratford theatre worker Harvey Parker
- 10 Flat above garage damaged in Manor Park fire