Third suspect, 19, in Abdul Mayanja murder investigation released on bail
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A teenager arrested after the fatal shooting of a young RAF air cadet in Newham has been released on bail.
The 19-year-old man was taken into custody on Wednesday on suspicion of conspiring to murder Adbul Mayanja, 19, who was shot in the chest near Maryland Station in Well Street on August 25.
Two men, aged 22 and 23, were arrested on the same charge on Sunday and have since been released on bail to a date in early October.
Detectives continue to appeal for information from anyone who was in Well Street or the surrounding area around the time of the suspected murder.
Investigation lead Det Insp Paul Considine said: “Any information, no matter how insignificant, may prove vital in helping us confirm what happened that night.
You may also want to watch:
Police ask witnesses or anyone with information to call 020 8345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses