Third suspect, 19, in Abdul Mayanja murder investigation released on bail
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A teenager arrested after the fatal shooting of a young RAF air cadet in Newham has been released on bail.
The 19-year-old man was taken into custody on Wednesday on suspicion of conspiring to murder Adbul Mayanja, 19, who was shot in the chest near Maryland Station in Well Street on August 25.
Two men, aged 22 and 23, were arrested on the same charge on Sunday and have since been released on bail to a date in early October.
Detectives continue to appeal for information from anyone who was in Well Street or the surrounding area around the time of the suspected murder.
Investigation lead Det Insp Paul Considine said: “Any information, no matter how insignificant, may prove vital in helping us confirm what happened that night.
You may also want to watch:
Police ask witnesses or anyone with information to call 020 8345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 9 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years