Third man, 19, arrested after fatal shooting of Abdul Mayanja in Maryland
- Credit: GoFundMe
Detectives have arrested a 19-year-old man on suspicion of conspiring to murder a young RAF air cadet in Newham.
The teenager, who was taken into custody yesterday, is the third person to be arrested after 19-year-old Abdul Mayanja was shot in the chest near Maryland Station in Well Street at 10.40pm on Friday, August 25.
Two men, aged 22 and 23, were arrested on the same charge on Sunday and have since been released on police bail to a date in late September.
Police are continuing to appeal from anyone who was in Well Street or the surrounding area at the time of the suspected murder.
Det Insp Paul Considine said: “Any information, no matter how insignificant, may prove vital in helping us confirm what happened that night.
You may also want to watch:
“I need to know who was responsible for shooting Abdul so that I can get some justice for his family.”
Anyone who can help is asked to call 020 8345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 9 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show