Third man, 19, arrested after fatal shooting of Abdul Mayanja in Maryland
- Credit: GoFundMe
Detectives have arrested a 19-year-old man on suspicion of conspiring to murder a young RAF air cadet in Newham.
The teenager, who was taken into custody yesterday, is the third person to be arrested after 19-year-old Abdul Mayanja was shot in the chest near Maryland Station in Well Street at 10.40pm on Friday, August 25.
Two men, aged 22 and 23, were arrested on the same charge on Sunday and have since been released on police bail to a date in late September.
Police are continuing to appeal from anyone who was in Well Street or the surrounding area at the time of the suspected murder.
Det Insp Paul Considine said: “Any information, no matter how insignificant, may prove vital in helping us confirm what happened that night.
You may also want to watch:
“I need to know who was responsible for shooting Abdul so that I can get some justice for his family.”
Anyone who can help is asked to call 020 8345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years