Third man, 19, arrested after fatal shooting of Abdul Mayanja in Maryland
- Credit: GoFundMe
Detectives have arrested a 19-year-old man on suspicion of conspiring to murder a young RAF air cadet in Newham.
The teenager, who was taken into custody yesterday, is the third person to be arrested after 19-year-old Abdul Mayanja was shot in the chest near Maryland Station in Well Street at 10.40pm on Friday, August 25.
Two men, aged 22 and 23, were arrested on the same charge on Sunday and have since been released on police bail to a date in late September.
Police are continuing to appeal from anyone who was in Well Street or the surrounding area at the time of the suspected murder.
Det Insp Paul Considine said: “Any information, no matter how insignificant, may prove vital in helping us confirm what happened that night.
You may also want to watch:
“I need to know who was responsible for shooting Abdul so that I can get some justice for his family.”
Anyone who can help is asked to call 020 8345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Disused office building damaged in East Ham fire