Jailed: Manor Park thief caught on CCTV breaking into locked cars
- Credit: Archant
A ‘prolific’ thief caught on camera breaking into cars has been jailed for a year.
Darryl Josiah, of Warrior Square, Manor Park broke into a locked silver Ford Focus in nearby Oregan Avenue taking a passport, medication and tools last March.
The 47-year-old days later swiped a handbag with jewellery in after smashing the window of a locked red Vauxhall Corsa.
The driver had only nipped into her doctor’s in Romford Road for a few minutes. Both thefts were caught on CCTV.
Det Supt Zena Marshall said: “Despite the victims’ best efforts Josiah, a persistent offender, broke in and stole their belongings.
You may also want to watch:
“The custodial sentence reflects the seriousness of his offences and the loss suffered by the victims.”
Josiah was found guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court on January 4 on two counts of theft from a motor vehicle and two of causing criminal damage.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 4 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
The court also imposed a three year ban on Josiah entering five properties in Grantham Road, Manor Park, drinking alcohol in public and being found in possession of drugs equipment.
He will also be tagged for 218 days after he is released from prison.