Jailed: Manor Park thief caught on CCTV breaking into locked cars
- Credit: Archant
A ‘prolific’ thief caught on camera breaking into cars has been jailed for a year.
Darryl Josiah, of Warrior Square, Manor Park broke into a locked silver Ford Focus in nearby Oregan Avenue taking a passport, medication and tools last March.
The 47-year-old days later swiped a handbag with jewellery in after smashing the window of a locked red Vauxhall Corsa.
The driver had only nipped into her doctor’s in Romford Road for a few minutes. Both thefts were caught on CCTV.
Det Supt Zena Marshall said: “Despite the victims’ best efforts Josiah, a persistent offender, broke in and stole their belongings.
You may also want to watch:
“The custodial sentence reflects the seriousness of his offences and the loss suffered by the victims.”
Josiah was found guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court on January 4 on two counts of theft from a motor vehicle and two of causing criminal damage.
- 1 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 2 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 3 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 4 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 5 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 6 East Ham money laundering suspect arrested in people smuggling probe
- 7 Council loses court action against Barclays Bank
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton on the six game winless run
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
The court also imposed a three year ban on Josiah entering five properties in Grantham Road, Manor Park, drinking alcohol in public and being found in possession of drugs equipment.
He will also be tagged for 218 days after he is released from prison.