Thief facing jail after Upton Park jewel shop swipe
A Romanian thief is facing jail after swiping �5,000 of gold bracelets from a jeweller’s.
Marcu Kvec, 35, went to a shop with one of his fellow countrymen, a woman and a child and grabbed the valuables from an unlocked display.
He was recognised on CCTV along with his 45 year old alleged accomplice Puiu Horbas.
Kvec admitted stealing the gold from Jeram Jeweller’s on Green Street, Upton Park, on February 16 last year.
Moustachioed Horbas, who was sporting a large black hat outside court and has several gold teeth, faces trial on May 21 after previously denying the charge.
You may also want to watch:
Kvec, whose address is listed with the court as a prison, will be sentenced after his co-defendant’s trial.
Horbas, of Woodville Road, Thornton Heath, was allowed bail as before.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 3 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 8 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 9 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 10 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0