Thief facing jail after Upton Park jewel shop swipe
A Romanian thief is facing jail after swiping �5,000 of gold bracelets from a jeweller’s.
Marcu Kvec, 35, went to a shop with one of his fellow countrymen, a woman and a child and grabbed the valuables from an unlocked display.
He was recognised on CCTV along with his 45 year old alleged accomplice Puiu Horbas.
Kvec admitted stealing the gold from Jeram Jeweller’s on Green Street, Upton Park, on February 16 last year.
Moustachioed Horbas, who was sporting a large black hat outside court and has several gold teeth, faces trial on May 21 after previously denying the charge.
You may also want to watch:
Kvec, whose address is listed with the court as a prison, will be sentenced after his co-defendant’s trial.
Horbas, of Woodville Road, Thornton Heath, was allowed bail as before.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 10 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up