Newham males jailed for roles in Waltham Forest drugs gang
- Credit: Archant
Two men and two boys from Newham have been jailed for their role in a drugs gang that peddled their ware on a housing estate in Waltham Forest.
Winston Male, 25, of St Albans Avenue, Beckton, Musa Streadwick, 18, of Atherton Road, Stratford, and two teenagers aged 17, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were members of the ‘Thatched House Thugs’ who sold class A drugs on the Avenue Estate.
The gang’s criminal activities were making resident’s lives a misery and one tenant on the estate was forced to let dealers sell drugs from their home..
Male was convicted of conspiracy to supply class A drugs and jailed for seven years, Streadwick was sentenced to 15 months for false imprisonment.
The two boys were both convicted of conspiracy to supply class A drugs, transferring prohibited articles into court and false imprisonment and were sentenced to four years each.
You may also want to watch:
Four other males were jailed for a total of 20 years for drugs and firearms offences.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 10 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest