Newham males jailed for roles in Waltham Forest drugs gang
- Credit: Archant
Two men and two boys from Newham have been jailed for their role in a drugs gang that peddled their ware on a housing estate in Waltham Forest.
Winston Male, 25, of St Albans Avenue, Beckton, Musa Streadwick, 18, of Atherton Road, Stratford, and two teenagers aged 17, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were members of the ‘Thatched House Thugs’ who sold class A drugs on the Avenue Estate.
The gang’s criminal activities were making resident’s lives a misery and one tenant on the estate was forced to let dealers sell drugs from their home..
Male was convicted of conspiracy to supply class A drugs and jailed for seven years, Streadwick was sentenced to 15 months for false imprisonment.
The two boys were both convicted of conspiracy to supply class A drugs, transferring prohibited articles into court and false imprisonment and were sentenced to four years each.
You may also want to watch:
Four other males were jailed for a total of 20 years for drugs and firearms offences.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 3 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 10 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year