Newham males jailed for roles in Waltham Forest drugs gang
- Credit: Archant
Two men and two boys from Newham have been jailed for their role in a drugs gang that peddled their ware on a housing estate in Waltham Forest.
Winston Male, 25, of St Albans Avenue, Beckton, Musa Streadwick, 18, of Atherton Road, Stratford, and two teenagers aged 17, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were members of the ‘Thatched House Thugs’ who sold class A drugs on the Avenue Estate.
The gang’s criminal activities were making resident’s lives a misery and one tenant on the estate was forced to let dealers sell drugs from their home..
Male was convicted of conspiracy to supply class A drugs and jailed for seven years, Streadwick was sentenced to 15 months for false imprisonment.
The two boys were both convicted of conspiracy to supply class A drugs, transferring prohibited articles into court and false imprisonment and were sentenced to four years each.
You may also want to watch:
Four other males were jailed for a total of 20 years for drugs and firearms offences.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed