Newham males jailed for roles in Waltham Forest drugs gang
- Credit: Archant
Two men and two boys from Newham have been jailed for their role in a drugs gang that peddled their ware on a housing estate in Waltham Forest.
Winston Male, 25, of St Albans Avenue, Beckton, Musa Streadwick, 18, of Atherton Road, Stratford, and two teenagers aged 17, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were members of the ‘Thatched House Thugs’ who sold class A drugs on the Avenue Estate.
The gang’s criminal activities were making resident’s lives a misery and one tenant on the estate was forced to let dealers sell drugs from their home..
Male was convicted of conspiracy to supply class A drugs and jailed for seven years, Streadwick was sentenced to 15 months for false imprisonment.
The two boys were both convicted of conspiracy to supply class A drugs, transferring prohibited articles into court and false imprisonment and were sentenced to four years each.
You may also want to watch:
Four other males were jailed for a total of 20 years for drugs and firearms offences.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 5 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 6 Player ratings: Coufal shines as West Ham fall to Everton defeat
- 7 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 8 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 9 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 10 We're down, but not out insists West Ham boss Moyes after Everton loss