Terrorism suspect ‘went on train’ through Olympic Park in Stratford
Terrorist suspect accused of breaching bail conditions
A terrorist suspect has been caught travelling on a train through Stratford, court papers have revealed.
The man, 24, is said to have broken a ban imposed by the Home Secretary which prevented him travelling near the Olympics Games venues.
It was revealed last night that he appeared in court last month accused of five breaches of the order after he travelled across London on an overground train line which passes close to the Olympics development.
His electronic tag alerted security services that he had got close to the Olympic Stadium, Velodrome and Acquatics Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The order, made under the Terrorism Prevention and Investigation Measures, bans the man referred to only as CF, from using the Overground rail network.
The man is suspected of trying to get into Afghanistan for terrorist training in 2008. He was prosecuted and acquitted in his absence and later deported man to Britain. Home Office documents warned he wanted to “re-engage in terrorism related activities.”
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 3 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 10 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
The man is to appear in court on July 27. He has been released on bail and will be challenging the banning order in the High Court.
His legal representatives insist he was simply travelling to meetings at his solicitor’s office in Stratford.