Plaistow stabbing: Two more arrests, second teen charged with murder of 18-year-old Santino Angelo Dymiter
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy will appear in court today after being charged with the murder of Santino Angelo Dymiter, 18, in Plaistow two weeks ago.
The boy was arrested on Saturday, September 7, on suspicion of murder and was yesterday charged with murder and possession of a knife.
He is remanded in custody to appear at Stratford Magistrates' Youth Court today (Monday, September 9).
A 24-year-old man has also been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
He remains in custody at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Police previously arrested a 14-year-old boy from Barking last Thursday and on Friday charged him with Mr Dymiter's murder.
He appeared in custody at Thames Magistrates' Court on Saturday (September 7).
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
The boy was remanded in secure detention and will appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow, Tuesday, September 10.
Mr Dymiter was found critically injured, suffering from stab wounds, in Chadd Green, Plaistow, about 3.30pm on Monday, August 26.
He was pronounced dead at the scene about an hour later.
A post-mortem examination on Wednesday, August 28, at East Ham Mortuary confirmed cause of death as a stab wound.
Formal identification has taken place.
Homicide detectives from the Specialist Crime Command are investigating.