Teenager stabbed for gatecrashing 16th birthday party, court hears
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A teenager was chased and stabbed to death after he tried to gatecrash a 16th birthday party, the Old Bailey heard.
Thomas Overton, 18, was turned away from the house party with his brother and a group of friends.
But a pack of youths followed them and chased them down the road before a 16-year-old boy stabbed Mr Overton through the heart.
Zoe Johnson, QC, prosecuting, said: “He managed to stagger home and collapsed in front of his family.”
She said Mr Overton had been stabbed six more times while he was being chased but none of the wounds would have been fatal.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old boy from Stratford, who cannot be named for legal reasons, denies murder.
Seven others deny conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm and violent disorder.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
Miss Johnson said the Crown could not say who caused the other wounds.
But the 17-year-old had “stepped forward and plunged the knife into his chest”.
She said the party in Colchester Road, Leyton in August, last year, had attracted a large number of youngsters.
She said: “Word spread like wildfire and the music was like a magnet, but the party atmosphere turned sour and the party turned into a nightmare.”
Violence had broken out involving antagonism between locals and people from outside.
“Thomas Overton with his brother and a group of friends tried to get into the party but were refused entry.
“As they left and walked down the road, they were chased by a pack of youths.”
The trial continues.