Teenager shot, stabbed at Plaistow home
Police have increased patrols in Plaistow after a teenager was shot and stabbed by a gang of masked attackers - in his own home.
The 15-year-old was at his family home in Grange Road, on November 22 when they were awoken by five balaclava-clad men just before 3am. They forced thier way in, armed with knives and a firearm.
Once inside, they stabbed the teenager and also shot him in the leg. He was taken to hospital where his condition remains serious but not life-threatening.
Police say the boy has no gang links and is not believed to be involved in crime. Trident Gang Crime Command are investigating the incident and anybody with information should contact the Metropolitan Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Police patrols have been increased in the area in order to provide reassurance to the local community.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made at this stage.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 4 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 5 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 6 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 7 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 8 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week