Teenager shot, stabbed at Plaistow home
Police have increased patrols in Plaistow after a teenager was shot and stabbed by a gang of masked attackers - in his own home.
The 15-year-old was at his family home in Grange Road, on November 22 when they were awoken by five balaclava-clad men just before 3am. They forced thier way in, armed with knives and a firearm.
Once inside, they stabbed the teenager and also shot him in the leg. He was taken to hospital where his condition remains serious but not life-threatening.
Police say the boy has no gang links and is not believed to be involved in crime. Trident Gang Crime Command are investigating the incident and anybody with information should contact the Metropolitan Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Police patrols have been increased in the area in order to provide reassurance to the local community.
No arrests have been made at this stage.
- 1 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 2 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 3 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 6 Covid-19: How the situation in Newham compares to this time last year
- 7 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 10 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home