Teenager shot, stabbed at Plaistow home
Police have increased patrols in Plaistow after a teenager was shot and stabbed by a gang of masked attackers - in his own home.
The 15-year-old was at his family home in Grange Road, on November 22 when they were awoken by five balaclava-clad men just before 3am. They forced thier way in, armed with knives and a firearm.
Once inside, they stabbed the teenager and also shot him in the leg. He was taken to hospital where his condition remains serious but not life-threatening.
Police say the boy has no gang links and is not believed to be involved in crime. Trident Gang Crime Command are investigating the incident and anybody with information should contact the Metropolitan Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Police patrols have been increased in the area in order to provide reassurance to the local community.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made at this stage.
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 4 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 5 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing