Teenager shot in head with BB gun on Manor Park bus
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Detectives are appealing for information after an 18-year-old was shot in the head with a BB gun on a bus.
The teenager was travelling along Romford Road towards Ilford on the 25, on November 11 at 1.43pm, when he felt something hit the back of his head.
He immediately turned around and saw a few people but no one looked “suspicious”.
When the victim touched the back of his head he felt a small metal ball protruding from his skin, which was bleeding slightly.
Police believe the victim was struck by a metal ball fired from a ball bearing pellet gun – commonly know as a BB gun.
You may also want to watch:
The injured man required hospital treatment but has since been discharged.
The incident is being investigated by detectives from the Met’s Roads and Transport Policing Command.
- 1 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 2 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 3 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 4 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip
- 5 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 6 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 7 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 8 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 9 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 10 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
No arrests have been made and inquiries are ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Teresa Moore on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800555111.
Alternatively you can tweet @MetCC with any information.