Teenager shot in head with BB gun on Manor Park bus
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Detectives are appealing for information after an 18-year-old was shot in the head with a BB gun on a bus.
The teenager was travelling along Romford Road towards Ilford on the 25, on November 11 at 1.43pm, when he felt something hit the back of his head.
He immediately turned around and saw a few people but no one looked “suspicious”.
When the victim touched the back of his head he felt a small metal ball protruding from his skin, which was bleeding slightly.
Police believe the victim was struck by a metal ball fired from a ball bearing pellet gun – commonly know as a BB gun.
You may also want to watch:
The injured man required hospital treatment but has since been discharged.
The incident is being investigated by detectives from the Met’s Roads and Transport Policing Command.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 9 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
No arrests have been made and inquiries are ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Teresa Moore on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800555111.
Alternatively you can tweet @MetCC with any information.