Female teenager raped in West Ham Park
- Credit: Archant
A police investigation has been launched after a teenager was raped in West Ham Park yesterday afternoon.
The female victim was attacked at around 4pm in the park near the entrance opposite Fairland Road.
Police are refusing to disclose the victim’s age.
The park, which is managed by the City of London Corporation, has been closed since the attack so officers can carry out a thorough forensic investigation.
A City of London Corporation spokeswoman said: “We are assisting the police in their enquiries and the park will be open to the public as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests.
Police are appealing for anyone with information to call 101, quoting reference 5329979/18, tweet @MetCC or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 2 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 3 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 4 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip
- 5 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 6 Hammers 'will keep fighting' says Fornals ahead of derby date
- 7 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 8 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate