Female teenager raped in West Ham Park
- Credit: Archant
A police investigation has been launched after a teenager was raped in West Ham Park yesterday afternoon.
The female victim was attacked at around 4pm in the park near the entrance opposite Fairland Road.
Police are refusing to disclose the victim’s age.
The park, which is managed by the City of London Corporation, has been closed since the attack so officers can carry out a thorough forensic investigation.
A City of London Corporation spokeswoman said: “We are assisting the police in their enquiries and the park will be open to the public as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests.
Police are appealing for anyone with information to call 101, quoting reference 5329979/18, tweet @MetCC or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 8 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals