Female teenager raped in West Ham Park
- Credit: Archant
A police investigation has been launched after a teenager was raped in West Ham Park yesterday afternoon.
The female victim was attacked at around 4pm in the park near the entrance opposite Fairland Road.
Police are refusing to disclose the victim’s age.
The park, which is managed by the City of London Corporation, has been closed since the attack so officers can carry out a thorough forensic investigation.
A City of London Corporation spokeswoman said: “We are assisting the police in their enquiries and the park will be open to the public as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests.
Police are appealing for anyone with information to call 101, quoting reference 5329979/18, tweet @MetCC or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 8 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 9 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 10 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate